It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:08 am

cover of "One Cloud" Intro by Rob Martino 
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post Re: cover of "One Cloud" Intro by Rob Martino
robmartino wrote:
Hi Scott, I wanted to express my thanks for the video and your kind words - it's fascinating to see somebody playing something so deeply ingrained in my brain and fingers. Different nuances come out and your own musical experience and personality become a part of it - very cool!

I don't remember when I ever got to have the artist whose song I just covered tell me about it afterwards. I just find it super cool that Rob is so awesome and also that this little moment happened.

Both of you are awesome, and keep on being awesome. And Scott, now you have to do the whole thing! (Steve laughs evilly, because no one is making him do it, and because "One Cloud" is one of his favorite Stick tunes and he'd love any excuse to hear it covered. So much so that he started referring to himself in the 3rd person.) And he knows Scott is awesome enough to be able to do it.

On a somewhat serious note, I was struck that the closest feeling I've had to Rob's is when I watch a piano player play something that I wrote down. I'm a slow reader of music, and an even slower writer of all them notes down on paper. And I've heard and seen myself play my own tunes before. But when a "real" pianist sits down at your pages scrawled with black notes, and out comes a tune you've only heard yourself play before, it's an amazing feeling. Just the best.

What a happy moment, guys! Keep on rocking it out! Scott, let's hear the rest of it. Rob, please make 45 more! (And I'd like a pony, too!) 8-) 8-) 8-)

Rosewood 10-string, #5989, M4s
Sapphire Railboard, #6763, MR
Wenge-on-Wenge NS/Stick, #170130, Bass 4ths
http://soundcloud.com/stephen-sink-1
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-RDlN ... Ez0hN49_Qg

Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:28 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Hi, all.

It's great to see people tackling this great tune. One of my big hopes was to be able to play this tune. Before I was sidelined by my current medical issues I was well into transcribing One Cloud. I was communicating with Rob and he was helping me by suggesting corrections. Here's the PDF as far as I got.
Attachment:
onecloud.pdf

And here's the corresponding midi file.
Attachment:
onecloud-midi.zip

I wish I had gotten farther and I am hoping to pick up my Stick again someday and maybe even make progress on One Cloud.

-Eric

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rosewood SG12 #5966, Mirrored 4ths
Twitter: @ejknapp
http://ericjknapp.com

Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:06 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

EricTheGray wrote:
Hi, all.

It's great to see people tackling this great tune. One of my big hopes was to be able to play this tune. Before I was sidelined by my current medical issues I was well into transcribing One Cloud. I was communicating with Rob and he was helping me by suggesting corrections. Here's the PDF as far as I got.
Attachment:
onecloud.pdf

And here's the corresponding midi file.
Attachment:
onecloud-midi.zip

I wish I had gotten farther and I am hoping to pick up my Stick again someday and maybe even make progress on One Cloud.

-Eric

Oh jeez, I hope you're feeling better soon! (And thanks Rob for the kind words!)

This tune is hands down my favourite Stick tune, although Kevin Keith has a style that is way cool too! Anyways, I am about 3/4 through this one - as I get it a bit better together I will post another video! Some tricky spots in there, but it's so fun!

Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:47 pm