It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:20 pm

New Railboard tune "The Neighbor's House" 
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Post New Railboard tune "The Neighbor's House"
I was in a bit of a "Lydian" mood tonight and I thought I'd share what I made up. I was just kind of jamming out tonight seeing what I could create, lol kind of a theme song if you will to this goofy house I made up with the GIMP yesterday. Just having some fun, being creative. Lemme know what y'all think.

And yes - my neighbour has a big 'effin dog with 3 glowing eyes, and yes there's a big mean leader bat flying around with tons of other bats, and yeah the octopus guy (Cthulu probably) on the roof definitely raises some eyebrows, and yep - his mother is an agent of Cthulu and most definitely a witch... The real issue is that guy who is comfortable enough to just casually walk up the step with some seriously paranormal activity going on. I mean, they keep it to Thursdays and alternate Saturdays, but yeesh...

Anyways, here's the tune. I hope you dig it, guys. :D

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:22 pm
Resident Contributor
Resident Contributor

Post Re: New Railboard tune "The Neighbor's House"
Very nice, Scott! That’s some impressive spontaneity!

Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:51 pm
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Hey - thanks for checking it out. Kind words, my man! Not too spontaneous, it was a good 2-3 hours of “Hmmn, how about this riff?” and “Hmmn nope not that one...” For my Stick playing I have definitely settled on just exploring what I practiced and learned in the first while and trying to make it sound natural.

One thing I am really going after is “anything that seems intuitive”. That means that whatever musical habits I see that I “always” play, I will do my best to exploit those and see what parallels I can draw between my tendencies and the instructional material I have available (Free Hands mostly)

Lol and how about that house?

Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:22 am
Site Donor
Site Donor

Nice, keep it coming...I like "spontaneous" stuff like this.

Bamboo Grand #7363 MR ACTV2, Tarara Grand #5677 MR PASV4
Tap In Time Podcast: tapintime.podbean.com/

Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:28 am
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Thanks for checking it out! I appreciate the listen and the comments - hopefully you found both the music, and the image entertaining! lol Stay healthy, guys.

Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:58 am
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Nice to see you loosening up and just playing the Stick...

Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:13 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

I actually saw the cover art of Facebook and didn't realize it was the cover for a new tune! Some impressive two-handed work. I like the lyrical flow of things, against the repeated bass motifs. And I especially liked the ending and those chord changes.

But you had me at the cover art. Reminded my of the Addams Family house. Kickass!

Rosewood 10-string, #5989, M4s
Sapphire Railboard, #6763, MR
Wenge-on-Wenge NS/Stick, #170130, Bass 4ths
http://soundcloud.com/stephen-sink-1
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-RDlN ... Ez0hN49_Qg

Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:42 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Android, I'm always loose and I'm always playing my man I have hundreds of sketches like this, lol I do them daily :D ...
I decided last year to stop working on all of my weaknesses on the instrument and hammer the fuck out of what I am good at. Well, what I became good at... or rather what I'm good at "for me"... I have some "tendencies" that it just made sense to pursue. And, when it strikes me I'll record it and share for fun. Like any of my tunes/riffs it's just an idea, just a sketch...

Stephen, I thought I'd use a different tonality, went for a Lydian kind of thing. I want it to kind of rock, but it came across a bit "new age" I think. I usually Iike a bit more attitude in the music I play so for now, it's a sketch. One of those things I jammed out with for a few hours and then once I was semi organized it was time to record it. I tried really hard to get at the highest notes the instrument would offer and played this one in a different key than I would normally go after. I did try to go for a typical Stick tone, a bit compressed, drenched in reverb and some delays.

The image - I created that first and then tried to create a piece of music that might suit it (originally a guitar tune, but then I got to messing around with the Stick and well, you know how that goes...)

Thanks for listening guys. It was fun to create, and fun to play and now fun to talk about. Stay safe and healthy.

Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:27 pm
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Jayesskerr wrote:
Android, I'm always loose and I'm always playing my man I have hundreds of sketches like this, lol I do them daily ...
I decided last year to stop working on all of my weaknesses on the instrument and hammer the fuck out of what I am good at.

That's what I'm talkin' about

Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:00 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Master Contributor
Master Contributor

Enjoyed that, Scott. A creative mix of improv and production skills done, I assume, on your RMR tuned Railboard #6564. At first I thought it was the Alto Railboard model with those high notes.

It felt like you were playing in the key of "the lost chord" but then I saw the drawing of your "Neighbor's House". I knew there was something eerie, maybe a little batty, about the song.

How many bats can fly through a fan at once? The witch lady upstairs must know. She chased them out.

Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:57 pm