It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:34 pm

Third collaboration of the quarantine 
Contributor
Contributor

Post Third collaboration of the quarantine
Hi all! This is the third collaboration i do in this quarantine with my favorite musicians.
This time with the argentinian piano player Federico Lechner, i´m very honored to have him play one of my original songs, this one entitled A new beginning, also written during the quarantine.

I hope you´ll like it.

Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:12 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post Re: Third collaboration of the quarantine
REALLY GREAT!!! What platform are you using to do that? Are you both playing live?

Brett

Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:47 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Brett Bottomley wrote:
REALLY GREAT!!! What platform are you using to do that? Are you both playing live?

Brett

Charlie hunter, the guitarist , has been doing ones like this recently. I think he’s been using the acapella app. You don’t play live. You track on top of each other and it makes the split screen final product. It seems easy to use but I have not tried it yet

there seems to be some issues with the android version. they may have even dropped the android version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:21 pm
Contributor
Contributor

mike.hoegeman wrote:
Brett Bottomley wrote:

Brett

Charlie hunter, the guitarist , has been doing ones like this recently. I think he’s been using the acapella app. You don’t play live. You track on top of each other and it makes the split screen final product. It seems easy to use but I have not tried it yet

there seems to be some issues with the android version. they may have even dropped the android version.

Thanks guys!
Exactly, we don´t play live, i first do my part, then i send it to the other musician and afterwards we sinc everything.
The video i posted last week doing Nardis with a percussion player was made with the Acapella app, but, when you do it with acapella at the end the app compresses the video resolution so the final result it´s not that nice.
With this one the process was a bit more difficult, i recorded the video with my iphone, the audio via Logic, the piano player did the same too. When i got both videos and audios i opened them in logic to sinc first the speed of the video and audio at 25.
I bounce it so i have only one audio out of two completly sincronized.
Then i open imovie, import the final audio and both videos (without audio) and i sincronized it (this is the difficult part) by eye, looking at our fingers play, hard work! haha, but in the end the quality it´s much better than with acapella.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sun Apr 12, 2020 1:15 am
Contributor
Contributor

Brett Bottomley wrote:

Brett

Thanks Brett, i copy-paste what i wrote to Mike

Thanks guys!
Exactly, we don´t play live, i first do my part, then i send it to the other musician and afterwards we sinc everything.
The video i posted last week doing Nardis with a percussion player was made with the Acapella app, but, when you do it with acapella at the end the app compresses the video resolution so the final result it´s not that nice.
With this one the process was a bit more difficult, i recorded the video with my iphone, the audio via Logic, the piano player did the same too. When i got both videos and audios i opened them in logic to sinc first the speed of the video and audio at 25.
I bounce it so i have only one audio out of two completly sincronized.
Then i open imovie, import the final audio and both videos (without audio) and i sincronized it (this is the difficult part) by eye, looking at our fingers play, hard work! haha, but in the end the quality it´s much better than with acapella.

Sun Apr 12, 2020 1:18 am
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Nice progression, Tomás!

Sun Apr 12, 2020 7:02 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Contributor
Contributor

greg wrote:
Nice progression, Tomás!