It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:37 am

Trial By Mustard - (Stick in the Bottom) 
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Post Trial By Mustard - (Stick in the Bottom)
Okay, this one of 4 tunes I worked on "Revisiting" this summer during the Pandemic. I had originally recorded this probably 25 years ago, but now that I have better recording gear and a whole bunch more musical experience I felt it was time to put a bit of polish on it. lol Don't ask about the title! I don't know why I called it that... :D

Yes, it's pretty guitar heavy - but I'm a guitarist so meh. Deal with it.
The Stick looks after the bottom end here - I ran it through a Peavey TNT 115 and miced it with an AKG D112 and I think it turned out pretty good. I had to compress the crap out of it though to get a consistent level. In this tune the Stick has a pretty simple part; but I think it's important. Sometimes it just has to "play nice" with others and take on a supporting role. In this instance, bass side only.

I have given up on Soundcloud - I think that I will just put all of my audio stuff up on Youtube and do it that way...

Anyways, I hope everyone is having a great day.

Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:34 am