It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:37 am

Tomorrow Never Knows Video 
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post Re: Tomorrow Never Knows Video
EricTheGray wrote:
I must admit that my mind wandered a lot later in the evening when the jazz guitarists played. I've heard, and played, most of that before. With Greg there's always a sense of adventure and you sit wondering what he'll come up with next.

Although I think he isn't labelling himself so, he has a more jazz approach than many musicians labelled has jazz musicians, because his improvisation go always somewhere one doesn't expect. I love this approach full of risk and liberty, even if I'm not able to do only 10% of that :roll:
Nice playing, beautiful images and good sound --> favorited! ;)

Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:28 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

EricTheGray wrote:
A few days later, one of the guitar teachers at the conference asked me if Greg was one of the very best Stick players. I told her that there were a few on his level, but none better.

Well done, Greg, and thanks.

-Eric

Thanks to you all for such kind comments.

I feel compelled to respond to this part of Eric's post in particular, There are so many great players (Bob, Steve, Larry, Don, Cides, Emmett, Tom, Jim Lampi,André Pelat, too many to mention them all) that what you write here is really an honor for me.

I'm just happy to have found an instrument that suits my desire and abilities as a composer and improviser, and is such fun to learn on and teach, too. Finding the right vehicle with which to express yourself is the joy of a lifetime.

I'm also really happy with the quality of the upload, visually and sonically. It looks like going the HD route with YouTube is the way to go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCXjEIQANes

Last edited by greg on Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:58 am
Profile My Photo Gallery

Hey Greg, just as the others have said, it was another outstanding performance and an awesome seminar. We need to go back to Interlochen again. I was so musically fed that week, it really moved me to the next plateau. Can't get enough. Thanx again to Glenn Poorman, Greg Howard and 'Master Emmett'... Tony

Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:02 am
Artisan Contributor
Artisan Contributor

I love this performance. The first time I heard you play this was when you opened for Porcupine Tree at the Knitting Factory. When was that? It blew me away. (BTW they're closing down the Knitting Factory (Hollywood) next month. How about a "Last Knit w Sticks" night?

You've really transformed a great psychedelic Lennon tune into a driving, urgent statement. And Norwegian Wood too! Just great. Thanks.

www.chapdoc.com
www.chapman-design.com

Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:10 pm
Resident Contributor
Resident Contributor

Very nice performance Greg, I love the vibe. This might be my favorite vid that you've done. Thanks much!

Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:28 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

LADC wrote:
I love this performance. The first time I heard you play this was when you opened for Porcupine Tree at the Knitting Factory. When was that? It blew me away. (BTW they're closing down the Knitting Factory (Hollywood) next month. How about a "Last Knit w Sticks" night?

You've really transformed a great psychedelic Lennon tune into a driving, urgent statement. And Norwegian Wood too! Just great. Thanks.

Hi Dan,

That was a great show, thanks for the reminder. Chuck Ivy posted some pics of it here:

http://photo.phui.com/html/greghoward_main.shtml
http://photo.phui.com/html/porcupinetree_main.shtml

Must admit I'm pretty boring to see in photos compared to Porcupine Tree. He's also got some great shots of other Stick players on his site.

Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:13 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Artisan Contributor
Artisan Contributor

greg wrote:
LADC wrote:
I love this performance. The first time I heard you play this was when you opened for Porcupine Tree at the Knitting Factory. When was that? It blew me away.
Hi Dan,

That was a great show, thanks for the reminder. Chuck Ivy posted some pics of it here:

http://photo.phui.com/html/greghoward_main.shtml
http://photo.phui.com/html/porcupinetree_main.shtml

Must admit I'm pretty boring to see in photos compared to Porcupine Tree.

It's all in the lighting. :D

Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:11 pm