It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:11 pm

I Actually Have Solo Stick Recordings! 
Contributor
Contributor

Post I Actually Have Solo Stick Recordings!
My girlfriend went out of town and left me with her Macbook Pro, so I went to work recording.

The first song is an original I came up with a couple days ago called "Sail." I called it that because that's what it sounds like to me, sailing along Lake St. Claire the first days of summer vacation with your buds! There's no overdubs or anything like that, just a hint of reverb.

The second song is one of my all time favorite Jean-Luc Ponty songs that I arranged for solo Stick and looping. If you want to hear the original version let me know.

http://www.myspace.com/petercroce

Bring on the feedback! :D :D :D

Solo Sounds | Southern Panhandle - Improg Sounds | #5527 (Dark Bamboo, Deep Baritone Melody, Stickup)

Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:24 pm

Post Re: I Actually Have Solo Stick Recordings!
Yo I am having trouble getting to your page. Im logged in but it says I need to log in?

Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:03 pm
Contributor
Contributor

Petary791 wrote:
My girlfriend went out of town and left me with her Macbook Pro, so I went to work recording.

The first song is an original I came up with a couple days ago called "Sail." I called it that because that's what it sounds like to me, sailing along Lake St. Claire the first days of summer vacation with your buds! There's no overdubs or anything like that, just a hint of reverb.

The second song is one of my all time favorite Jean-Luc Ponty songs that I arranged for solo Stick and looping. If you want to hear the original version let me know.

http://www.myspace.com/petercroce

Bring on the feedback! :D :D :D

Oh dear, I hadn't heard anything like it in a long time.
I had to mute my volume and everything!

Ok ok, I kid :p
I love "Sail". It sounds very fresh and spontaneous.
I can almost feel gentle waves bobbing me along on a summer day!

"Elephants In Love" seem a little Crimson-esque, but I've never heard the original.
Nice playing overall, clean sounding.

aside:
Those other tunes kick ass! Tiger of San Pedro left a smile on me, hehe.

Skype Me™!

Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:27 pm
Contributor
Contributor

locks wrote:
I love "Sail". It sounds very fresh and spontaneous.
I can almost feel gentle waves bobbing me along on a summer day!

Thanks, I don't even know how I wrote it. I just started playing the melody without thinking and through some chords over it. Once I'm good enough I'd like to spice up the "B Section."

locks wrote:
"Elephants In Love" seem a little Crimson-esque, but I've never heard the original.
Nice playing overall, clean sounding.

Thanks, I screwed up a couple notes but I just didn't feel like re-recording.

locks wrote:
aside:

Yeah, high school jazz band songs are fun. And the sound guy had my bass ridiculously cranked for some reason... I love it though. IMO my tone is FAT!

Solo Sounds | Southern Panhandle - Improg Sounds | #5527 (Dark Bamboo, Deep Baritone Melody, Stickup)

Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:54 pm
Resident Contributor
Resident Contributor

Aaaarggghh! I'm blind!!!!!!!

Sorry about that, I don't know how it looks on other computers, but your myspace is REALLY fluorescent green and yellow on the cr*p PC at work.

Good start to your stick solo recording. Glad to hear that you are using a mac as well! Sail sounded very nice, with that unmistakable stickup tone that we all love (and that I can't get on my PASV4!).
Elephants in love (boy do I HATE that title!) was really cool as well, I love the percussive bass groove that you had going. I must try a bit of looping some time.

I also really enjoyed the Tiger of san pedro rendition. Reminds me of a time ( probably at least 2 decades ago!) when I used to listen to a lot of that kind of jazz.

Keep up the good work. It's about time I recorded something again.

Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:06 am
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

locks wrote:

That's a killer tune. I played that in the university jazz ensemble. I have the original Bill Watrous version on vinyl in a box somewhere.

Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:48 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Contributor
Contributor

twizzle wrote:
Aaaarggghh! I'm blind!!!!!!!

Sorry about that, I don't know how it looks on other computers, but your myspace is REALLY fluorescent green and yellow on the cr*p PC at work.

Good start to your stick solo recording. Glad to hear that you are using a mac as well! Sail sounded very nice, with that unmistakable stickup tone that we all love (and that I can't get on my PASV4!).
Elephants in love (boy do I HATE that title!) was really cool as well, I love the percussive bass groove that you had going. I must try a bit of looping some time.

I also really enjoyed the Tiger of san pedro rendition. Reminds me of a time ( probably at least 2 decades ago!) when I used to listen to a lot of that kind of jazz.

Keep up the good work. It's about time I recorded something again.

Thanks, I really dig the Stickup tone after I listened to it! And I kinda want to redo the bassline at the end, but thanks for the kind words!

gpoorman wrote:
locks wrote:

That's a killer tune. I played that in the university jazz ensemble. I have the original Bill Watrous version on vinyl in a box somewhere.

You should digitize it one day! I'd love to hear the original.

Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:49 am