It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:31 pm

The Long and Winding Road 
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post Re: The Long and Winding Road
Sigh.
You did it, Kevin. You got me. This is one song in ten thousand that I'm incapable of hearing without getting at least a little misty. And you had to choose it, didn't you?
Well done, my friend.
With moist eyes,
Luc

http://www.facebook.com/LucBergeronMusic

Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:30 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

eheheh.
Thanks guys. Gene those are old strings. Me thinks its a combo of the graphite and SP13. Who knows.....its nice and crispy though..
Mike, ya I,m really trying to look up when I can these days but still not good enough to completely look away. And yes its a pain in the neck....

thanks again guys,
cheers,
kev

Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:36 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Contributor
Contributor

Kevin, that was just marvellous. I'll echo previous comments in that you didn't just play the notes, you PERFORMED the song.

*sigh* come the 29th, I have a LOT of work to do.

:-) Grayo

Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:44 am
Master Contributor
Master Contributor

Hey again, Kevin. I was just listening to this again and wondering if you could, in the future, play one of the verses an octave lower on the melody side. It may mimic the lead vocal melody more accurately and create drama when the next verse goes up to where you are currently playing it. Sounds great just the way it is though, and some Stick tunings will not support the melody you are playing an octave lower conveniently. It can be more work than seems worthwhile to make a change, but might open up an area where you are not now used to playing on. Remember, we pay for the whole Stick, whether we play the whole thing or not! :lol:

Thanks again for posting. I have listened to this quite a few times already. And looking forward to hearing it again.

Mike

Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:37 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

I think that might be a good idea Mike, lowering the melody. I'll give it a shot......
cheers from across the great sea (erie).

kev

ps
i watched storm go over Erie this past summer, thing is I was up here in Brantford, 100 kms straight north. The top of that storm must have been 50k feet or so for me to see it from here. I knew it was over Erie because I watched it simultaneously on the intellicast radar site......anyway, just a crazy weather observation I thought id share with you.....

Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:45 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Contributor
Contributor

Just listening to as much Stick music as I can and I went back and listened to this again...this is so well executed! Great choice of tune, great sound. From now on when people ask why anyone would want to play the Beatles on the Stick, I'll just send them to this video and say "because you can do this". =)

10-String Grand Stick #5466

Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:54 am