It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:38 pm

This week's SG-12 Church Concert video filmed 
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Post This week's SG-12 Church Concert video filmed
Unfortunately the video cam "self stopped" at the intro of the second piece so that's all that got filmed this time. Posting it anyway because it might be fun for someone to hear what an SG-12 might sound like in a church, I like that sound very much myself. BTW this is my Bamboo SG-12. It cracks up the attack in a sexier way than the Wenge that has a more "marble like" attack. I like both sounds equally and have been using the Wenge daily now in street busking for several weeks. The PASV-4 is my all time fav PUP even though I also own a Stickup that I use to slide into one of my instrument for a few hours every month in the hope of keeping a fresh perspective.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2qvDBhZo8g[/youtube]

Fractal Audio AxeFx-III, 2 x RCF NX-10 SMA, Apollo Twin USB

http://youtube.com/perboysen

Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:53 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post Re: This week's SG-12 Church Concert video filmed
Amazing! Loved it!

Sent by Tapatalk

All Links:
https://ampl.ink/dNLw4

Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:16 pm
Master Contributor
Master Contributor

Lovely wistful chord changes and melody. That kind of acoustic space is perfect for solo Stick.

Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:39 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Very nice Per, great sound in the big open space in the church. And as always, very well performed!

12 String Padauk Grand #6693, Classic Tuning, medium strings, GK3 MIDI

Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:53 pm
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Last edited by Jayesskerr on Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:25 am
Site Donor
Site Donor

Per,
Always Amazing- incredible writing, playing and arranging! very "spanish" modalality going to the what sounds like a E7 as opposed to an Em ( Am-G-F-) nice touch.

Was that the churches bells or did you create your own loop to lead that off? Brilliant either way!

thanks for enlightening and entertaining us!
Dave B "DBro"

Sat Jun 27, 2015 3:27 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

dbrosky wrote:
very "spanish" modalality going to the what sounds like a E7 as opposed to an Em ( Am-G-F-) nice touch.

Was that the churches bells or did you create your own loop to lead that off? Brilliant either way!

It's a traditional Swedish folk melody and pastoral hymn with many alternative lyrics. 1936 someone arranged it for organ and it got popular with church sermons as a psalm. If looking back in time the earliest glimpse of this tune is with a guy born 1793. Back in those days people listened and parroted to bring tradition on into the future.... so it could be even older than that. As usual I did not have the patience to learn it "correctly" so I'm just playing it my way after having heard it somewhere. In fact I added an some extra parts that I think sounds interesting with the traditional stuff... it's public domain music anyway.

I like that E7 going to Am G C etc; that you pointed out. It kind of mashes up the two scales Harmonic Minor and Melodic Minor and makes the piece a little more edgy. I think I'm putting a little extra weight on those G# and G notes just because I like that "breaking out of the expected scale" vibe.

The ringing of church bells was authentic. The priest and I had agreed on a program where he should open and greet people, then the bells should ring for a while, then I should play for half an hour before he should perform a short sermon and do some personal preaching, then I should play another ten to fifteen minuts and we would all move from the church into another house to have coffee and cake. It was a nice evening.

Fractal Audio AxeFx-III, 2 x RCF NX-10 SMA, Apollo Twin USB

http://youtube.com/perboysen

Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:00 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery