It is currently Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:23 pm




Post new topic Reply to topic Bookmark and Share  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 my first video :) 
Author Message
Site Donor
Site Donor
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:17 am
Posts: 938
Location: Portugal
Post Re: my first video :)
Thank you everybody, this group has been a tremendous help on this new journey. :)


Sent by Tapatalk

_________________
Rodrigo Serrao

https://www.facebook.com/rodrig0serrao
http://www.rodrigoserrao.com


Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:39 pm
Profile
Resident Contributor
Resident Contributor
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:13 pm
Posts: 475
Post Re: my first video :)
bachdois wrote:
Medium gauge, MR tuning. Actualy I'm looking forward to stick camp in Mallorca to try some other tunings and string gauges... Hopefully, that would give me a better feel for the differences betwen them and choose on a final set to work with


...first, thanks for for sharing all...

...medium gauge, MR is the optimal choice for playing classical pieces (IMHO)....

...medium--> the pitch is not as sensible like with light gauge, because classical pieces shouldn't be performed with rock vibrato...
...MR --> very good overlap situation of the two sides of the stick, melody and bass....

...after all, a very good piece to perform on the stick...


Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:18 pm
Profile
Site Donor
Site Donor
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:17 am
Posts: 938
Location: Portugal
Post Re: my first video :)
Balt-A-Sar wrote:
...first, thanks for for sharing all...

...medium gauge, MR is the optimal choice for playing classical pieces (IMHO)....

...medium--> the pitch is not as sensible like with light gauge, because classical pieces shouldn't be performed with rock vibrato...
...MR --> very good overlap situation of the two sides of the stick, melody and bass....



Very good and practical information,Thanks :)
What kind of use would you recomend for the Heavy Gauge?

_________________
Rodrigo Serrao

https://www.facebook.com/rodrig0serrao
http://www.rodrigoserrao.com


Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:13 pm
Profile
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:01 pm
Posts: 1537
Post Re: my first video :)
Awesome job!

_________________
Tap on!!
Ray
Graphite Grand MR Tuning.
http://www.rayrlmusic.com
http://www.myspace.com/raylavigne


Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:39 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Resident Contributor
Resident Contributor
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:13 pm
Posts: 475
Post Re: my first video :)
bachdois wrote:
...What kind of use would you recomend for the Heavy Gauge?...



...I've never used heavy gauge, so I can't tell you something about this!...

...the reason why I've never used heavy: I feared the action would be to
strong for playing, but may be I'm wrong. The action between light and medium
is IMHO zero, what I feel is on medium intonation is easier to keep....


Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:58 pm
Profile
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2007 3:07 pm
Posts: 6287
Location: Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
Post Re: my first video :)
Balt-A-Sar wrote:
bachdois wrote:
...What kind of use would you recomend for the Heavy Gauge?...



...I've never used heavy gauge, so I can't tell you something about this!...

...the reason why I've never used heavy: I feared the action would be to
strong for playing, but may be I'm wrong. The action between light and medium
is IMHO zero, what I feel is on medium intonation is easier to keep....



If you keep the truss adjusted properly, heavies aren't hard to play, and they sound great. They are a little harder to bend and to add vibrato.

I prefer mediums.

_________________
Happy tapping, greg
please don't PM me, If you want to get in touch use email stickist@aol.com

Stick Lessons by Skype and Google Video Chat


Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:12 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:57 pm
Posts: 2066
Location: Brantford, Ontario, Canada
Post Re: my first video :)
Real nice Rodrigo, you're on the right path man! Try to mitigate that wrist bend though.

cheers,
kev

_________________
http://www.youtube.com/user/chiasson65


Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:55 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Donor
Site Donor
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:17 am
Posts: 938
Location: Portugal
Post Re: my first video :)
kevin-c wrote:
Real nice Rodrigo, you're on the right path man! Try to mitigate that wrist bend though.

cheers,
kev

Thanks Kev :) still working on some issues on the body / stick relationship :)

greg wrote:
Balt-A-Sar wrote:
bachdois wrote:
...What kind of use would you recomend for the Heavy Gauge?...



...I've never used heavy gauge, so I can't tell you something about this!...

...the reason why I've never used heavy: I feared the action would be to
strong for playing, but may be I'm wrong. The action between light and medium
is IMHO zero, what I feel is on medium intonation is easier to keep....



If you keep the truss adjusted properly, heavies aren't hard to play, and they sound great. They are a little harder to bend and to add vibrato.

I prefer mediums.


Greg, now I definitely have to try them all ;) Coming from the upright bass I may have better pitch control with heavy gauge. Thanks :)




Sent by Tapatalk

_________________
Rodrigo Serrao

https://www.facebook.com/rodrig0serrao
http://www.rodrigoserrao.com


Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:59 pm
Profile
Member
Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:43 am
Posts: 67
Post Re: my first video :)
Beautiful playing.

_________________
Joel Neufeld
Rosewood Alto #5764


Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:33 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Donor
Site Donor
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:36 pm
Posts: 89
Location: Bethlehem, PA
Post Re: my first video :)
wow, very nice. you look like you are enjoying playing and that makes it enjoyable to watch and listen to. thx for sharing this!

_________________
Stick #5313 10 String Padauk (Classic Tuning)
10 String Krappy Touchstyle


Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:00 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic Bookmark and Share  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

board3 Portal - based on phpBB3 Portal Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group. Designed by Vjacheslav Trushkin for Free Forums/DivisionCore.
Heavily modified by Stickist.com. Stickist.com is an authorized Chapman Stick® site. The Chapman Stick® and NS/Stick™ and their marks are federally registered trademarks exclusively licensed to Stick Enterprises, Inc., and are used on Stickist.com and NSstickist.com with SEI's permission.
Click here for more information.