It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:29 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 my first video :) 
Artisan Contributor
Artisan Contributor

Post Re: my first video :)
The only way this is a beginner video is that you picked a simple piece: two notes LH, arpeggio RH. Your execution and tasteful use of reverb with a bright tone shows mastery. If you keep picking harder and harder pieces gradually, you will be a force to contend with.

Rosewood Grand, PASV4

Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:22 am

Fantastic job Rodrigo! :?

I've been noodling on my borrowed Stick for the same length of time and can barely put 3 notes together! :cry:

Very happy to hear the tone of your Railboard too, as it's the exact same instrument I'm in 'Stick wait' for.... :)

Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:34 am
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Great job! Did you transcribe this bach for stick? If yes, would you be willing to share it?

Mark

Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:21 pm
Site Donor
Site Donor

Markussz wrote:
Great job! Did you transcribe this bach for stick? If yes, would you be willing to share it?

Mark

Thanks everybody for taking the time, it means a lot - this group rocks :)

Mark: I didn't have much transcribing to do - just took the score and played it in the original key (actually two octaves lower than what was intended by Bach, but that's because the sustain in this part of the stick is so amazing), sticking to the left hand/right hand used on piano for the most part. The only changes I was forced to do were when I ran out of bass notes and had to choose a place to switch octaves that wouldn't be too noticeable.
Other than that it was just a matter of chosing easier positions along the way. I did it by heart so I don't have it in stick tablature but if you need I'll be happy to scan you a copy and hand mark the places I adapted. Would that be ok?
Cheers everybody and thank you :)

All Links:
https://ampl.ink/dNLw4

Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:06 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Thank you for your quick response. I was looking for the stick tab, since I'm not proficient reading standard notation. I think Greg or Claire already shared with this group transcribed Bach for stick. I'll search the archives.

Anyway, thanks for sharing the video. Very inspiring performance.

Mark

Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:40 pm
Site Donor
Site Donor

What gauge of strings do you use?

Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:30 pm
Site Donor
Site Donor

Robstafarian wrote:
What gauge of strings do you use?

Hi Rob, Medium gauge, MR tuning. Actualy I'm looking forward to stick camp in Mallorca to try some other tunings and string gauges... Hopefully, that would give me a better feel for the differences betwen them and choose on a final set to work with :)

All Links:
https://ampl.ink/dNLw4

Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:32 am
Site Donor
Site Donor

bachdois wrote:
Hi Rob, Medium gauge, MR tuning.

Ah, that is the same as mine. Yours looked bigger in the video, which is excellent, but I guess it must have been the angle of the light. I am thinking of changing to heavy strings on the melody side, as the higher strings feel a little too small for my liking.

EDIT: Not the same tuning as mine (RMR), that is what I get for posting so late.

Last edited by Robstafarian on Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:45 am
Contributor
Contributor

Very impressive and beautiful !
6 weeks ?
did you take some time for eating or sleeping ? :D

thanks for this very nice work

Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:05 pm

Wow! I'm at 6 weeks too, but nothing like that to show for it. Still working on sounding notes and other basic rudiments. Thanks for sharing. Inspiring.

#6480 2015 10-string tarara Stick - classic - Stickup
#7030 2018 12-string paduak Grand Stick - classic - PASV-4 - GK-3 MIDI -> Roland VG-99

Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:29 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next