It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:05 am

Mega Sadness for Megatar 
Contributor
Contributor

Post Mega Sadness for Megatar
Hey all i am one of the few Stickists who also own and play a Mobius Megatar. I went to the website and found out the Company is for sale.. I have talked in great length on Facebook about this subject. I feel the world is Big enough for all the Tapping instruments to have profit.. each one of my Tapping instruments have a different voice.. a Different feel and various other differences.. Its sad to see a company like this go under cause of competitions .. High costs of labor. and to keep things fresh>>> if i had the money i would buy this company in a heart beat I for one am very indebted to the tapping companies out there.. Stick, Warr, Krappy, Sonorus, Marcodi, and Megatar for making me the player i am today.. without Emmett's thinking outside the box.. no other company would have existed.. does anyone want to Buy Megatar for me.. so i can keep the legacy alive

Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:53 pm
Resident Contributor
Resident Contributor

Post Re: Mega Sadness for Megatar
Lips that touch a Megatar shall never touch mine...

I remember the late 90's...

R

Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:58 pm
Site Donor
Site Donor

Sorry to hear this. It's funny to me, the old Traktor Topaz Megatar's were more beautiful than the
updated ones. The new owner really put his heart into it for sure and probably the new one's have a better sound, so too bad. I think that guy had a little more integrity than TT ;) ...

But look at it this way, now they will be collectors items :P...

Really, the price is skyrocketing on Ebay, fan frets and everything...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mobius-Megatar- ... SwoydWq3Gu

*j*
.~

http://jrjwhatifthepaintingshadsongs.tumblr.com/

Last edited by JRJ on Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:58 pm
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

And lo, the glasses were raised on high in the hills of the woodlands, and in the city of the mountains of the East.

k

-- Mikhail Bakunin

Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:30 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

The new owner did a good try to save something that was doomed from the beginning. Much because of Traktor/Arthur and his earlier actions. Too hard to wash away all negative energy from that name. I would not buy that company. Would be easier/better to start from scratch if one wants to establish oneself in the instrument building business. My two cents.....

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

-Mobilis in mobil-

Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:41 am
Contributor
Contributor

Gnat wrote:
Its sad to see a company like this go under cause of competitions .. High costs of labor. and to keep things fresh

Good companies that are run well and make good products that people like and want, generally don't go out of business.

Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:17 am
Resident Contributor
Resident Contributor

JRJ wrote:
Sorry to hear this. It's funny to me the old Traktor Topaz Megatar's were more beautiful than the
ones.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mobius-Megatar- ... SwoydWq3Gu

*j*
.~

I disagree. I hated the look of the old megatars. The new ones, while similar, had a much more refined look to them.

Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:10 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Jan Hellman wrote:
The new owner did a good try to save something that was doomed from the beginning. Much because of Traktor/Arthur and his earlier actions. Too hard to wash away all negative energy from that name. I would not buy that company. Would be easier/better to start from scratch if one wants to establish oneself in the instrument building business.

Better, to the extent that someone could be separated from Traktor and all his ugliness, yes, but starting up a company and buying all the machines and tooling for it is incredibly hard to pay for. As an alternative: someone could buy Megatar, all the hard assets and intellectual property, and start with a new name and a clear division from the "old" company, while giving a nod to the technology from Megatar that survives in the new company. Might be just enough to clear some of those psychological hurdles.
But this is just an intellectual exercise on my part.

http://www.facebook.com/LucBergeronMusic

Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:26 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Note to self:

Never buy a company whose product resembles a coffin.

K Rex

-- Mikhail Bakunin

Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:10 am
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

K Rex wrote:
Note to self:

Never buy a company whose product resembles a coffin*.

K Rex

*Unless you are buying a coffin company

Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:51 am
Profile My Photo Gallery