It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:33 am

Intellectual Hippy Girl 
Contributor
Contributor

Post Intellectual Hippy Girl
Hi everyone. I love my Chapman Stick (there's no other instrument just like it) but I recorded this song using my Hofner Bass. I had not recorded my bass yet and it was time. My next recording will be almost all Stick
https://youtu.be/EhJoXaGA8YQ

Last edited by RINGMOD1 on Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:09 am
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Post Re: Intellectual Hippy Girl
Dean, you are fast becoming one of my favourite musicians here! (Or anywhere)

I really like the arrangement, and your choice of instruments is awesome! That tap guitar thing sounds awesome... I liked the ric parts, and the bass line was great too! I like the Satriani-esque melody lines, (Satch may not be an influence on you, but he's real melodic in my opinion...) and good work on the solo. Yeah, really cool.

That Tap guitar, is it stereo out too? I mean, can you do the stuff that you do on Stick on that? I would be curious to see some solo pieces with it... looks and sounds great to my ears...

I also love how you filmed yourself playing all of the parts. Looks really pro, and sounds tight! I have to try that sometime!

I am simultaneously amazed and disgusted that nobody took a listen/view just yet and didn't comment. Ahh well, it's Sunday right? Haha

Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:50 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Jayesskerr wrote:
Dean, you are fast becoming one of my favourite musicians here! (Or anywhere)

I really like the arrangement, and your choice of instruments is awesome! That tap guitar thing sounds awesome... I liked the ric parts, and the bass line was great too! I like the Satriani-esque melody lines, (Satch may not be an influence on you, but he's real melodic in my opinion...) and good work on the solo. Yeah, really cool.

That Tap guitar, is it stereo out too? I mean, can you do the stuff that you do on Stick on that? I would be curious to see some solo pieces with it... looks and sounds great to my ears...

I also love how you filmed yourself playing all of the parts. Looks really pro, and sounds tight! I have to try that sometime!

I am simultaneously amazed and disgusted that nobody took a listen/view just yet and didn't comment. Ahh well, it's Sunday right? Haha

You missed the other thread, Scott. I'm reposting what I posted there. Cheers!

RINGMOD1 wrote:
Hello everyone. I just recorded a new song and coincidentally it's the first song in about 5 years not to feature the Stick. I still love my Chapman Stick I just haven't recorded with my Hofner Bass yet. I hope it's ok to post. I chose the Lounge because it's slightly off topic.

Wow, love that bass and the U8! You've got a lot of hooky, poppy, riffs and melodies going on here, and I mean that with the highest praise.

Your production is killer as well. Nice good mix and blend of sounds. The YouTube page mentions "synth guitar." What's that? Just another word for a MIDI triggered by guitar or is that something else?

Excellent song, here, sir. ("Dean"?) Please share more when you got 'em!

Rosewood 10-string, #5989, M4s
Sapphire Railboard, #6763, MR
Wenge-on-Wenge NS/Stick, #170130, Bass 4ths
http://soundcloud.com/stephen-sink-1
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-RDlN ... Ez0hN49_Qg

Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:24 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks guys! I appreciate the kind words. The Guitar in question is called a U8 touch guitar. it is not a stereo instrument and although you can play 2 hands independently I prefer to use it as one tremendous guitar (at least for now) It's tuned in 5th's. I usually use it in conjunction with my Stick (In a similar way that Stick Men does) but I got a Hofner Bass a few years ago and I hadn't recorded it yet. The next submission will have lots of Stick on it!

Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:22 pm
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

RINGMOD1 wrote:
Thanks guys! I appreciate the kind words. The Guitar in question is called a U8 touch guitar. it is not a stereo instrument and although you can play 2 hands independently I prefer to use it as one tremendous guitar (at least for now) It's tuned in 5th's. I usually use it in conjunction with my Stick (In a similar way that Stick Men does) but I got a Hofner Bass a few years ago and I hadn't recorded it yet. The next submission will have lots of Stick on it!

Ahhh the "U8" right... I like the Stick Men, and I've seen this crazy instrument played before. Does it have to be tuned in 5ths? Is that it's default tuning, or can you go 4ths with it? I look forward to the next vid, man you are awesome!

I wonder, wonder wonder... if you'd ever be interested in doing some kind of crazy online music collaboration? I bet it would be some straaaaange music... lol

Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:25 pm
Contributor
Contributor

By the way the tuning is Bb F C G D A C D and my awesome wife films everything

Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:57 pm
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Ah, the U8 is plugged in this time! No Magic! The Hofner sounds sooo Hofner-ey. Like I'm drinking Paul's KoolAid with an Intellectual Hippy Girl! This Hippy thinks it's Groovy...

Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:41 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Donor
Site Donor

Groovy, loving it. :D

Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:56 am
Profile My Photo Gallery