It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:53 pm

invert the base tuning on a fan fret megatar? 

Post invert the base tuning on a fan fret megatar?
This stick is available at the moment but Id like to have the option to invert the strings on the base side .

I know its not optimal but the splay dosnt seem that severe and is only at the bridge end (is at right angles at the nut)

Also in regards to the tension/ scale lenth ratio should that accounted from the nut to the bridge or further back from the tuner to the bridge?

Cheers

Attachment:
91549AA0-DD42-4155-B150-2D3E19A50CFF.jpeg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:13 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post Re: invert the base tuning on a fan fret megatar?
riverrat13 wrote:
This stick is available at the moment but Id like to have the option to invert the strings on the base side .

I know its not optimal but the splay dosnt seem that severe and is only at the bridge end (is at right angles at the nut)

Also in regards to the tension/ scale lenth ratio should that accounted from the nut to the bridge or further back from the tuner to the bridge?

Cheers

Attachment:
91549AA0-DD42-4155-B150-2D3E19A50CFF.jpeg

To do this, you would be working in direct conflict with the reason for the fanned frets in the first place, longer scale for thicker strings.

I'm not sure I understand your last question. Also, this is not a "stick", so please don't call it one. Stick is a brand name, and this instrument is quite different in a number of ways, including having an adjustable nut on The Stick to facilitate tuning changes and the setup adjustments they require.. This instrument has a "zero fret" which is not a very effective way to deal with setting up such a diverse string set (thin and thick strings vibrating on the same fret surface).

Generically, they are a "tapping instruments".

Stick Lessons by Skype and Google Video Chat

Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:13 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post Re: invert the base tuning on a fan fret megatar?
I understand why you would want to invert the strings on this instrument. The ergonomics of playing a 12 string fan fret with the bass string at the top would be a challenge to learn,
especially if you are a beginner(?).

I looked the Megatar up on Ebay and I would say the price is a little high, but there is a
Railboard available for less money and is a good deal in any case. Get the Railboard 8-).

*j*
.~
jRj

http://jrjwhatifthepaintingshadsongs.tumblr.com/

Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:15 pm