It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 4:54 pm

Trades... 
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Post Trades...
Sometimes trades are bad and sometimes really good.

So I'm telling you a story that happened here and I won't name anyone, out of respect. I saw an instrument here that intrigued me and asked the owner if it was for sale. His answer was no. I was a little surprised by this answer because he himself admitted not to use it. I came back about 2 years later with a possible exchange. What I was offering had (depending on the market) the same value as the instrument I wanted to acquire. This time he accepted the deal and everything was concluded quickly. On the other hand, my disappointment was great when I received my new toy. I agree that this instrument was selling for a price equal to the unit I traded in. On the other hand, if I had had the chance to try it before the exchange, I never would have done it. I was so disappointed at having been cheated that the next day I went to a pawn shop and exchanged it for a small u-bass, a bass ukulele. I didn't know at that moment that I had just made one of the greatest acquisitions of my life as a musician. This very small bass, which once plugged in, sounds very close to a double bass (without the grawl) is an instrument that completely compensated for the mistake I had made.

I spend my winters in the Dominican Republic and I brought it with me to share this beautiful tone with the musicians here. It's been a long time since the price of this instrument was repaid by the numerous contracts that I won everywhere. At the start of this winter it was quiet but March was a bit crazy. I had no less than 18 musical evenings, paid, of course, playing this instrument. Sometimes life has nice surprises in store for us when we thought we had been cheated.

Just to finish, I sent a message to the guy who suggested a one-for-one exchange to buy back the device I had given him and he never did it. And, yet, he told me not to use it. Go figure something out...lol. So I wish him good luck. Life is a big spinning wheel.

https://alainauclair.bandcamp.com/

Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:07 am
Profile My Photo Gallery