It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:29 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next
 Tappistry ban 
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post Re: Tappistry ban
Gentlemen, please take it outside...

At the risk of getting this discussion back on track,

I thought it would be good to post Andy's messages that had been censored so you could see what TT really objects to. Andy told me it's fine with him, and fortunately for all of us, someone was watching and printed them out before TT took them down.

His first censored post in March:

Attachment:
andy_deleted_post.jpg

and the one that got him banned:
Attachment:
andys_response_Jamsire.jpg

I can see why he didn't want to be challenged in this way, since it goes completely against what he wants to people to think about his motivations.

It should be clear by now that the only thing TT cares about is selling. Though others might not feel this way about their own participation there, from TT's perspective, Tappistry is just another tool in his online marketing machine. You can only ignore the elephant in the room so long, especially when he owns the room.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:23 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Hello again Greg,

While you and I have disagreed on many points (and our relationship has been rocky to say the least), I have come to agree with you on one point you made on that forum in the past: Tappistry has indeed become "moribund".

I like Andy and looked forward to his posts there, and I respect him as a musician. I haven't had the time to research the details of this thread and only now found my old password to log in here.

For anyone interested in my musical goings-on, they can be found here: www.myspace.com/biomechanicstheband

Greg, hope you are well. Will write more later.

Kev

-- Mikhail Bakunin

Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:26 am
Site Donor
Site Donor

This makes me respect Emmett and Yuta even more .I would have had a nervous breakdown by now. Imagine seeing the name of your product in every "competitor's" ad/promo/announcement, etc. Just shows how much class SE has.

Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:58 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

This one is really rich with evil irony. Here's TT's latest tweet using the Stick to try and sell his Megaturds. Only with a really slimy twist. The link takes you to a video from Oceans in Space which is Ben Weber. Ben works for Stick Enterprises!

Grr.... there oughta be a law.

-Eric

Attachment:
Picture 8.png

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rosewood SG12 #5966, Mirrored 4ths
Twitter: @ejknapp
http://ericjknapp.com

Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:44 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Donor
Site Donor

any lawyers out there? Ben should sue TT's slimy ass. :evil:

Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:55 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Donor
Site Donor

K Rex wrote:
Hello again Greg,

While you and I have disagreed on many points (and our relationship has been rocky to say the least), I have come to agree with you on one point you made on that forum in the past: Tappistry has indeed become "moribund".

I like Andy and looked forward to his posts there, and I respect him as a musician. I haven't had the time to research the details of this thread and only now found my old password to log in here.

For anyone interested in my musical goings-on, they can be found here: http://www.myspace.com/biomechanicstheband

Kev

Hi Kev,

It's good to see you here and I really appreciate your comments. The last thing I ever wanted to do was to get involved in "my guitar is better than yours" discussions. That's exactly why I find Traktor's spin so objectionable. I believe there has been a steady decline of both Stick and Warr representation on Tappistry, largely for this reason. I was hoping to stay on that forum - for the main purpose of posting my own music from time to time. Ultimately, the best way to promote an instrument is to play it.

I'm looking forward to checking out your band on Myspace.

Cheers,
Andy

http://andysalvanos.com/

Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:34 pm
Site Donor
Site Donor

Guys,

Personal opinions aside, people choose different instruments for various reasons. We have more to gain by the players being welcome here than by shutting them out. l don't see any constructive reasons for name calling...Just think about it.

Cheers,
Andy

http://andysalvanos.com/

Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:40 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

K Rex wrote:
Hello again Greg,

For anyone interested in my musical goings-on, they can be found here: http://www.myspace.com/biomechanicstheband

Kev

Hi Kevin,

Welcome, for the second time, to stickist.com.

I'm doing great! Thanks for asking. Life is fresh edamame, and black eyed peas. Hope you are the same.

I've come to realize that no matter how nasty the elephant gets, there will probably always be a few folks who have nothing better to do than hang around and toss him peanuts. Some people even think hanging out with the elephant is good for the bottom line. It always comes down to business... Of course, the more the elephant comes to depend on them, the harder it will be to get away from him when they finally realize they need to. ;)

And I agree with Andy, I'll take actual musicians over marketing any day. The more the merrier.

Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:03 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Greg,

This isn't the second time I've been here, it's the third. I had an account under a different name long ago, but lost my login info when my PC died. I subsequently became a regular Tappistry member when a unique trade situation became available to me through that forum. All the same, it's nice to be here and I appreciate the sentiment. Stickist is indeed a vibrant place to be. It took only a moment or three of lurking for me to scramble for yet another misplaced password.

For the record, I have nothing against Traktor. I've gotten to the point where I understand all the various opinions and points made and empathize with all of the parties. An angular object looks very different depending on one's vantage point. I just want to play and to learn... so much to learn... can't do that when you're too focused on BS arguments and such.

I think you're right. Traktor is very focused on marketing. I can't blame him for that. His techniques might be questionable... after thinking about it way too much, the verdict is still out for me and I don't care enough to give any energy to such a pursuit. If he had censored me, I'd simply consider that forum inviable and go to another. That he censored another leaves me with the desire to investigate *why*, and I'm not walking down that road anymore. Too many bridges burned, and I like LOTS of bridges... makes me feel like I'm in the Shire...

It's good to see some of my boys on this forum. Ernie is still the man. Ernie, I know you're lurking out there, PAL... and I'm still waiting for those files to shred over... You know what I'm talkin' 'bout.

Greg, thanks for the warm welcome. You still in Charlottesville?

Kev

-- Mikhail Bakunin

Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:24 pm
Site Donor
Site Donor

Well, FYI, I didn't like what happened to Andy Salvanos on Tappistry, so I asked TT to delete my account there, which he did rather quickly.

Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:36 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next