It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:14 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Tappistry ban 
Post Re: Tappistry ban
Oki. I´m from Sweden and I´ve played Stick since mid 80´s and I´m pretty aware about all that has been going on through the years. But isn´t this among the most stupid allegations EVER!!

http://tappistry.org/forum/showthread.php?p=13966#post13966

I´ve visited Tappistry once I think. 5 minutes ago. Won´t never, never, never happen again. Pardon my french now but what the heck is wrong with that guy? Hacked by someone "who obtained the moderator's passcode" up my arse.... It´s rather obvious what he´s aiming at. Will this ever stop? Shit, I´m mad....

Sincerely//Jan

Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:59 am
Site Donor
Site Donor

I refuse to comment without my lawyer present.

Cheers,
Andy

http://andysalvanos.com/

Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:12 am
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Wow! A lot of assumptions going on over there and the lemmings are all too quick to jump on it. Problem is ... the assumptions assume that somebody gives a rat's ass.

Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:54 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
gpoorman wrote:
Wow! A lot of assumptions going on over there and the lemmings are all too quick to jump on it. Problem is ... the assumptions assume that somebody gives a rat's ass.

You are right. Thinking happy thoughts, thinking happy thoughts.....

Just hope that Paul Edwards will stay out of all this. I listened to Kittyhawk when I was a rather young lad and I´ve always enjoyed his stuff. Have much respect for him as a musician.

I find it just plain stupid to take for granted or even just think that someone "who obtained the moderator's passcode" and turned Tappistry into a arabic language site would be someone..... Aaarrgghhh..... I´ll stay out of this. Won´t visit that site again. Not good for the old heart....

Sorry for bringing this up, lads....

Sincerely//Jan

Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:52 am
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

StickJan wrote:
gpoorman wrote:

I find it just plain stupid to take for granted or even just think that someone "who obtained the moderator's passcode" and turned Tappistry into a arabic language site would be someone..... Aaarrgghhh..... I´ll stay out of this. Won´t visit that site again. Not good for the old heart....

Sorry for bringing this up, lads....

Sincerely//Jan

Hi Jan,

I agree with Glenn, Lots of assumptions. I guess TT is back to "victim status", though I thought he had moved on from that a couple of years ago...

I'm sorry to see a couple members of this forum jump on the bandwagon with no proof offered. Is keeping the flames going the only way to keep his forum going?

Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:23 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Donor
Site Donor

I can't help it, I'm going to jump in this time on tappistry. Ultimately people on one side can't seem to resist public characterizations of the other (and it goes both ways), which is what escalates these things. It's easy to draw conclusions based on ones own perspective, but it seems better to just point out the facts at times, in a hopeful attempt to diffuse the situation, rather than get caught up in the drama.

Rosewood Grand Stick #7025 - Mirrored 4ths 5+7
Paduak Grand Stick #5197 - Mirrored 4ths 6+6

Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:04 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Contributor
Contributor

It seems though that facts over there are completely subjective and it's hard to have a discussion on 'heated' topics without different sides creating undue tension. That's what's great about this board, everyone is civil and thoughtful, and it creates a great atmosphere for discussion.

Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:07 am
JSanta wrote:
That's what's great about this board, everyone is civil and thoughtful, and it creates a great atmosphere for discussion.

Cheers for that one. Well said.

Sincerely//Jan

Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:14 am
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Certainly you're right Rob. And I will pre-emptively apologize for the lemmings remark. But when I briefly poked in on the thread this morning, I was taken by the fact that the only thing happening faster than TT accusing the Stick community of sabotage was how quickly everyone jumped in line behind him. The mob has always been alive and well which is why my original stay there was so short.

Maybe I just like the mob I know better than the mob I don't :lol:

Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:17 am
Profile My Photo Gallery

I read it.

First time back since I left. It felt like going back to your 1st grade class in your 40's and trying to sit in the little chairs.

Gonna sell on the Meggy's to fix both Chapman Sticks.

Gangsta!

Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:50 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next