It is currently Mon Jun 03, 2024 3:24 pm

Applied Delay - the Tomorrow Never Knows groove 
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post Re: Applied Delay - the Tomorrow Never Knows groove
dubyasee wrote:
A Facebook friend posted a video, commenting that he assumed I'd really like it. The video was of a really proficient tap-style guitarist (think Stanley Jordan). Of course, the guy's technique was impressive, but I answered...

I always wonder at why tap-guitar stylists don't go ahead and make the jump to a dedicated tapping instrument... the Stick.

and then I introduced Greg's Tomorrow Never Knows video with Here are a couple of Beatle songs on Stick...

Needless to say, they were blown away.

With regards to tapping on a guitar versus a Stick, why would you try for the stars in a single engine propeller plane and not the Starship Enterprise?
Thanks for spreading my music around Walter.

If I could hazard a guess about tapping on guitar vs. The Stick, familiarity would be my biggest guess, and the scale length (hence the Stick Guitar with double guitar tunings, etc)

Most of what I hear on tapping guitars that doesn't involve distortion sounds kind of "plinky" and the range is just too high for my ears, because with only six strings, thre's no overlapping zone for the right hand to occupy.

Guitar has a cultural mystique as well, something that is hard to transcend, even with the coolest instrument ever invented... 8-)

Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:29 am
Profile My Photo Gallery