It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:33 am

Greg Howards Time after Time. 
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post Greg Howards Time after Time.
I've done quite a few Skype lessons but not really explored Greg Howards stuff that much to be honest, though I do have the STICK Book. Loitering in the back of my Laptop drive for a long time has been his online lesson of how to play Cyndi Laupers Time after Time.
Its one of my Projects during this 5 weeks on the ship, I 'm doing it on the Alto until I get home to the Grand.
Always loved the song , the sentiment of the lyrics, but its such a strong tune it works beautifully as an instrumental.
Point being its a great lesson & workout leading to a great result, some lush sounds/chords and lots of Scope for nuance and variation.
Just want to say I appreciate the effort putting these things together, lots of good info on many aspects of stick playing to consider.
Will be a great tune to have in the "Gig Bag". Maybe check it out if you need a new injection or change to the practice routine if you like the song.
:)

Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:31 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post Re: Greg Howards Time after Time.
I've seen Greg's video for that probably 10 times. I keep saying that's the next cover tune I'm gonna learn, for the reasons you said: it's beautiful and well-arranged for Stick. If I can sneak in a cover, I should really learn that. Post it when you get a good version of it, Bruce, and best of luck.

Rosewood 10-string, #5989, M4s
Sapphire Railboard, #6763, MR
Wenge-on-Wenge NS/Stick, #170130, Bass 4ths
http://soundcloud.com/stephen-sink-1
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-RDlN ... Ez0hN49_Qg

Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:18 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Great lesson by Greg

iw is there were more of these / a dvd with these kind of well known songs / a book with well known songs arrangements for stick

#7159, Grand Railboard,Plum,
RMR tuning, MIDI melody.
Manufactured Dec. 2018

#2001,10 strings Shedua, MR tuning
Stickup, Fretrails
Manufactured March 2002

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqqNYL ... JdyVB5aBZQ

Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:10 am
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

I like this one, too. I really like how Greg puts his own individual touch on his covers. And you can tell he is fussy with his tone, so it always sounds like him. I do NOT get the sense that I am in an elevator at all when I listen to it! I am thinking I should learn this one also when I get a moment...

Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:46 am

Greg's humble sense of service to us undeserving Stick slobs is nothing short of heroic. It's one of the many things I am thankful for this Thanksgiving.

Mr. Howard: I salute you and many thanks.

Ancient 10-String Brazilian Ironwood #881

Thu Nov 24, 2016 8:02 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

March Hare wrote:
Greg's humble sense of service to us undeserving Stick slobs is nothing short of heroic. It's one of the many things I am thankful for this Thanksgiving.

Thanks for the very kind words. In my view, we're all on this journey of musical discovery together. Looking forward to Interlochen in July and hearing your own versions of this great tune.

Glad you guys like the arrangement!

Fri Nov 25, 2016 7:22 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

greg wrote:
March Hare wrote:

Thanks for the very kind words. In my view, we're all on this journey of musical discovery together. Looking forward to Interlochen in July and hearing your own versions of this great tune.

Glad you guys like the arrangement!

I look forward to getting you totally hammered and driving out to K-Rex's and toilet papering his house... lol (Krex will probably have to give us directions...) No worries, I am sure that we can find the TP in gas stations and malls on the way...

Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:04 am
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Greg's Time After Time YouTube video was one of the first songs I attempted while still wet behind the ears. I had NO idea what I was doing, but I was able to follow the instructions so easily I really did well with it. Then it went by the wayside. I don't really know why except as I started to learn the "Way of the Stick" I developed a list of songs I wanted to learn and I have been focused on those.
Seeing this thread has me thinking... I am going back to the video and relearning this tune. It is a great arrangement and like all the others I salute you Greg. A lot of hard work and effort has gone into your videos, your texts, CD's and all! Many thanks!!

12 String Padauk Grand #6693, Classic Tuning, medium strings, GK3 MIDI

Fri Nov 25, 2016 5:36 pm