It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:33 am

Lesson book for Straight 4ths on SB8 
Resident Contributor
Resident Contributor

Post Lesson book for Straight 4ths on SB8
Hi guys,

As I became the proud owner of an SB8 (proper NSD post coming on the weekend) I received a The Stick Book™, Volume 1 in Baritone Melody. Which is great as it will complement my Free Hands book and help me move forward on my 10-string.

However, it does not apply to straight fourths tuning. Of course, I can take the conceps, chords, scales and everything from the melody side and move them along the fretboard and across all 8 strings, which is the beauty of P4 tuning. Still, made me wonder if there is a book for this tuning.

Is there such a book?

Moreover, after having a quick look at the SE website I notice that on the Stick, Grand Stick, 10-string Grand, Alto Stick and Stick Guitar it says:

Your basic order should include the instrument, a flight case or soft case, a stereo cable and an instruction book.

While on the NS/Stick and Stick Bass it says:

Your basic order should include the instrument, a flight case or soft case, a stereo cable (included).

Do none of the Straight 4ths sticks come with a book?

I'd really appreciate an answer to this, even better if Greg or Emmett could pitch in :D I got the SB8 because of this tuning and to be able to play almost anything with both hands using basically the same patterns. I improvise a lot, as it helps me to get to know the fretboard, but having a method or book to rely on would be extremely helpful!

Cheers and have a great weekend,
Walt

Support: bitcoin:bc1qedfg9z55ux3tlnf7qnnu3vggv8vant604dasye?message=Donate

http://www.instagram.com/waltschwarzkopf

Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:10 am
Resident Contributor
Resident Contributor

Post Re: Lesson book for Straight 4ths on SB8
I did find two (02) lessons by Don Schiff on youtube. They are for the NS/Stick, but since the tuning is the same they can almost be transfered 1-to-1 to the SB8. But that's about it!

Lesson 1

Lesson 2

All the best,
Walter

P.S. A couple of days ago I made another thread to share videos of people playing the SB8, are there aren't many around.

Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:15 am
Contributor
Contributor

Some lessons here: http://nsstickist.com/nstech.htm

#5162 10-string Maple Stick
#5743 Tinted Salmon Light Bamboo Grand Stick

AFSTG (Association Française du Stick et de la Tape Guitare)

Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:18 am
Resident Contributor
Resident Contributor

bump

Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:49 am