It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:12 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Alcohol and playing 
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post Re: Alcohol and playing
Luc wrote:
When I was drumming in a busy function band, I found that I could have a glass of white wine (not my preference) but not red (my preference) because I would suffer bad muscle cramps after red wine. I was ok with beer, though. Go figure.
When I was in my 20's I played a gig at a small, shall we say "non-metropolitan" spot in central northern Maine, an area long known for its proliferation of weed. The band was given brownies - and I was not told how much I should or shouldn't have. I was pretty well stoned, but as the rest of the band and the audience were, too, we all had a good time. Later, at a gig not far away from that one, I smoked a little too much and I ended up rather anxious about my playing - the bass player was laughing his ass off at me because I had the most worried look on my face through a whole set.
Bottom line of all this: moderation and keen observation of one's reactions are key.
I haven't tried playing Stick in an altered state yet. Perhaps it's time I tried.

Are you thinking of trying cannabis again? If so, please start a thread in the Lounge so that I can drop some science.

Mon May 25, 2015 10:03 am
Artisan Contributor
Artisan Contributor

Yeah one up+ for starting plant matter. HA , the only downside is the unbearable price for high quality. Still more spendy than gold g-funk's. I'm talking real deal, but yea this is going way off the topic haha.

Growing plants is so on point for a dope existence, its just funny you are not allowed. Even mushrooms in the forest! R

Mon May 25, 2015 10:07 pm
Contributor
Contributor

Based on my research, I'm going to go ahead and vouch for cannabis as being healthier and safer than alcohol, which I know of no health benefits being specifically attributed to.

I am not much for alcohol. I have less of a taste for alcohol especially the more damage I see my alcoholic friends do to themselves and others.

As for alcohol's effect on playing, I do not believe it to enhance one's playing, but I can only speak for myself and so much of life is a subjective experience anyway.

On occasion, I enjoy a light serving of homebrew cider or perhaps a mead or wine using local fruits.

Any day, I'd much prefer a local authentic kombucha-- a fermented tea which traditionally contains a very low amount of alcohol, but rather is consumed for its health benefits including probiotic content.

That said, I would never encourage anyone to use a substance, especially if they had never used it before, unless they had a particular interest in using said substance as a tool for learning and growing -- in which case I would recommend reading erowid.org before use.

Nicotine? Not interested...

Sun May 31, 2015 8:52 pm

I gave it up years ago, but I never drank when I played. After drinking a reasonable few, my musical ideas were fine, I sang well, I could remember the words and I was happy and creative, but after just HALF of the first drink, my fingers went right down the tubes and wouldn't do what they were told.

Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:23 pm
Contributor
Contributor

I tried to take the Stick while drinking but noticed it altered the way i drink,
so decided to stop playing Stick...

Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:14 am
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

brunopitch wrote:
I tried to take the Stick while drinking but noticed it altered the way i drink,
:lol:

Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:41 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

brunopitch wrote:

That is very funny. :)

-Mobilis in mobil-

Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:03 am

brunopitch wrote:

:lol:

I wish i could give an advice but i'm to bad a stickist (or too much an alcoholic...) to speak in this matter, i'm afraid i can spot no difference after one or two beers

Cheers

Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:57 pm
Site Donor
Site Donor

Jan Hellman wrote:
brunopitch wrote:

That is very funny. :)

LOL

Sent by Tapatalk

All Links:
https://ampl.ink/dNLw4

Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:58 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

brunopitch wrote:

Ha! Awesome!

Well this is quite a thread...
Thanks for the insight chaps.

cheers,
kev

Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:17 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next