It is currently Mon Jun 03, 2024 2:35 pm

Stick Registry? 

Post Re: Stick Registry?
I've just purchased a used Stick from SE - #4827 10 string in rosewood, a 5/2003 creation. When Yuta checked its registration entry, I asked her if she would share the name or location of the original purchaser. She kindly declined, and I am not really surprised - that person didn't expect that his name would be shared, even for a non-commericial purpose, and I don't guess I expect my name to be shared that way, either.

I'm sure that they have excellent records on many, if not all, of the instruments they have made, but I bet they would not allow it to be posted on line. My curious question has been answered, however - when I disassembled the waist clip to adjust it, I found the original purchaser's name written inside in pencil. I added mine as well.

Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:50 am
Contributor
Contributor

Daniel, that's awesome!

No, I'd never ask SE to share their records. If I had been in your shoes, I'd maybe have asked if they would send my info to the original owner however, in case they would be willing to get in touch.

I called them this week about a used Stick I found and they had been contacted about it already (by the seller). Cambria knew everything about it and was very helpful in letting me know if it could be tuned how I wanted. I didn't ask if this older Ironwood Stick could be sent in and have a dual adjustable truss installed however, and I should have. It has no truss at all that I'm aware of.

This is the thing. If the owners were willing to include their info, you could potentially trace each Stick through its entire history. Did someone you love listening to make their 2nd CD with your Stick before you bought it used? Now you'd know, if they added their info to the registry.

Anyways, just a thought...

~Michael

Hotshots Gallery
Reserve Production

NS/Stick # EHC 121221 "Maya" :D

Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:06 pm
Site Donor
Site Donor

Quote:
Greg wrote:

I've owned a lot of instruments over the years.

Just managed to get #773 ("Sol", "Water on the Moon", "Lift") back.

It would be interesting to find out where ironwood #695 (my first Stick), and polycarbonate #2757, (the instrument I used for "Stick Figures") are these days.

Fun idea, but hard to keep up, I think as Sticks change hands....

:shock: Hey Greg 8-), I have had a robust collection of instruments over the years myself :|
When you said "2757" I thought 'No!' But yes, I win the odd Mojo
lottery :twisted:

I had to check it twice but here is the proof of pudding :)

I got this Stick maybe four or five years ago from Ebay in virtually unplayable condition.
The seller said nothing about it being your Stick. I sent it to Emmett and had a new
truss rod installed.

It must be true about the "Mojo" because I have learned more from this ten string
than any other. It is also the only Stick that I have used to post a video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTwvJYoM ... ture=g-upl

jRj

http://jrjwhatifthepaintingshadsongs.tumblr.com/

Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:47 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Hi JRJ,

Well that is so great to hear. I enjoyed the video as well. I bought that instrument new form SE in 1989, The bridge was already set up for Baritone Melody. Between 1995, when I got my first rosewood instrument, and 2001, when I got my first Grand Stick, it was a 2nd instrument for me, and was modified in several ways to fit that role. It was the first poly that Emmett retrofitted with an ACTV-2 Block, around 1998, I think. Before that it had a dual Lace pickup, and before that a Stickup. It's been onstage in front of tens of thousands of people with the Dave Matthews Band, when I had my summer tour with them in California, and I used it for some alternate tones on "Sol" and "Lift" as well.

Happy to know it is in your hands. It spent thousands of very productive and pleasurable hours in mine.

Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:15 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Contributor
Contributor

Guys, that's incredible! Awesome!

Hotshots Gallery
Reserve Production

NS/Stick # EHC 121221 "Maya" :D

Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:40 am
Site Donor
Site Donor

Hi Greg, Very cool 8-) I have been playing this Stick a lot in the last day after the pedigree discovery, and it really does have this wonderful
sound especially in the low bass. The tuning has been changed 'up' to Matched Reciprocal. Also because this Stick had the ACTV-2
pick-up, I discovered "that" sound; I am really a true believer now (both in MR and the ACTV-2). Something about the ring of it is just right for me; you just need to remember to unplug :oops:.
By any chance is the Stick in your avatar #2757 as well? looks a lot like a Pollycarb to me ;).
`J`

http://jrjwhatifthepaintingshadsongs.tumblr.com/

Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:17 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

JRJ wrote:
By any chance is the Stick in your avatar #2757 as well? looks a lot like a Pollycarb to me ;).
`J`
The photo has a lot of cross-process color work in it. The instrument in question is a rosewood 10-string.

There are lots of photos of the instrument you have in The Stick Book, though, for example, all done by the same photographer, Irene Young.

Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:25 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery

Bringing this back from the dead...

Daniel, can you message me?

See this thread: http://stickist.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9504

10-string Rosewood - #4827
https://www.stickworldpodcast.com
https://www.zakwinnick.com

Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:19 pm

It was mine, please pm me I have the original paperwork. It was stolen from me and sold without my knowledge. PLEASE get back to me. The original owner was Zak Winnick, I am his ex-wife. We didn't authorize this, it was sold without our consent And I would love to be reunited with her. I PM'ed my personal contact information.

Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:27 pm