It is currently Tue Jun 04, 2024 1:57 am

First time buyer in search of opinions 

Post Re: First time buyer in search of opinions
Better to have 3. I just ordered a padauk grand, Stickup, classic tuning, to keep company with my Oak 10-string (Stickup) and Satine 12-string (ACT2). A man can't have too many Sticks ...

MarTroiD wrote:
Jon-My refurbished ironwood #1212 sounds and plays better thah new-new p.u.,better isolation/crosstalk between string sets,adjustable trussrod. When I sent it to S.E., I wanted a lot of work(adjustable bridge, PASV-4) Emmett would do it, but I decided to trade it in towards a new one. Then I realized I couldn't live w/out a Stick for 10 mos., so I had it refurbished, determined to sell it when my new one was in my possesion. That lasted about 2 weeks. Why have one Stick when you can have TWO? (Refurbishing took 3 weeks). But I WAS going to sell it for the total of trade-in plus the work needed, to some deserving player. That would be about $1500-1700. That would have covered cord, new foam in the case, etc. Again, I just wanted someone to have a Stick all ready to roar. I hope you can find someone like-minded out there that's just trying to get their money back. Sticks hold their value...but you don't have to get REAMED!

As a Bassist/Stickist, welcome to the fold and best of luck, Marty

P.S. Bari Melody 1/2 step down (think octaves on the center strings), heavy melody,med. bass. I really like the lower range!

Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:09 am

I received it today. :D Tuned it up and fooled around a bit. Seems to play nicely. Love the fret rails. Now comes the hard part....

Rosewood #4957, Baritone Melody

http://www.myspace.com/warcholak
http://www.reverbnation.com/jonwarcholak

Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:37 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Donor
Site Donor

jpw542 wrote:
I received it today. :D Tuned it up and fooled around a bit. Seems to play nicely. Love the fret rails. Now comes the hard part....

Yeah: putting it down ;-)

Congratulations!

Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:16 pm