It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:41 pm

Motive Schemes 
Master Contributor
Master Contributor

Post Motive Schemes
I was thinking about how to make playing a bunch of different motive schemes like aaab and aabc easier and I suspect the easiest way is to put them in a logical series and start playing it only that way every time until you have it memorized, then later you can fool around with the order like trying to play it backwards or playing every other one or some such. I think a logical order would be;

aaaa
aaab
aaba
abaa
aabb
abab
abba
aabc
abbc
abcc
abca
abcb.

If you wanted the shorter ones too, you could add them first so then you'd have'

ab
aab
aba
abb
abc

If there was some point in the series where there was too much of a cognitive load and you forgot what the next one was supposed to be, just go back to the beginning. It doesn't matter if you follow exactly this or not. If you always only ever use half, still that's better than only using one.

Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:14 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post Re: Motive Schemes
Very logical and effective Captain.

Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:02 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Master Contributor
Master Contributor

I don't know how effective it is. I haven't tried it yet. Let's hope.

Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:11 pm
Site Donor
Site Donor

This is fun to riff on. Was there any reason for not starting a section with anything other than 'A'?

aaaa
aaab
aaba
abaa
aabb

OR
aaaa
aaab
aaba
abaa
?baaa?

I wish I had known you in 8th grade - you could have helped me pass Mr. Goldsmith's Algebra class. :D

But seriously, your posts are rad. Your mind is like a waterslide on a really hot day.

Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:16 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Master Contributor
Master Contributor

I started with aaaa because it's the most basic to repeat a motive 4xs. Schemes can't start on b because, by default, any theme you start with would be an a...unless you want to get into schemes that use more than 4 beats like aabc/baca, aabc/bacb, or aabc/bacc... I'm SURE they're hard to remember so I'll have to pass. This is already difficult enough.

Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:24 am