It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:33 am

One Year Stick Playing Update, And Festival Announcement!!! 
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post One Year Stick Playing Update, And Festival Announcement!!!
Just over one year ago , on March 29th 2015, I bought my first Chapman Stick. In the year I've had this awesome instrument I've already recorded a lot of music with it. its been really fun integrating the Stick into heavier bass music and EDM. I've got a lot of really heavy Trap music that I've used the Stick in, and I'll have a demo below to show you some of that. I also used the Chapman Stick quite a lot in my latest release, "Corridors". All the 808's in that song are resampled Stick, as are some of the heavier synth bass parts. As far as my thoughts on the Stick go, it truly is an amazing instrument. I've been using Classic tuning and it's worked out well for me so far, as Cello and Guitar are the 2 main stringed instruments I played before Stick, and since the tunings are similar they make sense to me. The actual physical instrument is honestly what amazes me the most though. It's been easier to play and maintain than I originally imagined. I've only had to adjust the truss rod twice so far, and my Stick at least stays in tune remarkably well as far as normal recording goes. The ACTV-2 pickup is absolutely my dream pickup as far as tone goes. The active EMG's sound fantastic especially in stereo.
All in all combining the Stick with my Ableton live setup has been a godsend. It's everything I want and more as far as what kind of music I can make goes. And with that being said I give you my 3 most recent productions that I used the Stick heavily on.

Looking to the future, I can definitely see the Stick defining my production style and becoming my signature sound. At present I'm holding out for a 12 String Railboard, which I would love to buy as my next instrument here in the next year or two (assuming they become available of course).

ALSO.... I have a announcement to make regarding a music festival I've been booked at.
I was recently added to the lineup of the Eternal Jubilee Full Moon Gathering in Zion National Park. It will be happening from September 16-18 this year in Southern Utah. It will be mainly an EDM music festival, with a few live bands, live painters, and other artists attending and performing. There will be guided hikes in the beautiful Utah landscape as well as cabins and other camping options for staying the full 3 days of the festival. I'll likely only be performing one set on one day of the festival, but that may change in time between then and now. For the moment you can check out their website, and I'll post a full lineup as soon as I have one available.

-ToxiNN

Rosewood 10 String Stick #6092

Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:57 pm