It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:03 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 16  Next
 what do you do for a living beside chapman stick 
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Post Re: what do you do for a living beside chapman stick
ArmyDoc wrote:
I'm a plastic and reconstructive surgeon. I do about 50-60% hand surgery...

Aahhhh. Cool. I am married to an OTR/CHT. So I know nothing about hand surgery but hear about it pretty regularly.

Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:18 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Contributor
Contributor

gpoorman wrote:
ArmyDoc wrote:
I'm a plastic and reconstructive surgeon. I do about 50-60% hand surgery...

Aahhhh. Cool. I am married to an OTR/CHT. So I know nothing about hand surgery but hear about it pretty regularly.

Cool! Your wife's work is at least as important as mine, if not more so, to the patient's eventual recovery. A good hand surgeon without a good therapist...isn't.

#6877 Rosewood, 12 String Grand, PASV-4, turquoise linear inlays and Pearl Gray tuners, tuned in Mirrored 4ths

Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:41 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

kevin-c wrote:
I've been lucky enough to be able to fly this dreamboat for the last 9 years at a wonderful airline called Westjet here in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Before this gig, I used to fly seaplanes in Northern Ontario, then multi engine turbo-props for quite some time......

Attachment:
image.jpeg

Wow Kev, I never Knew! I spent my whole childhood obsessed with flying, planes and aerodynamics, my father diverted me, long story. I did hold a private licence when I was younger.
Still reckon I know more about planes than the high tech ships I now inhabit which I always find " clunky " compared to the elegant design of aircraft generally , two very different animals I guess, safe travels

Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:42 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Teach acting and direct plays and musicals at LaGuardia Performing Arts ( the 'Fame' school) in Manhattan. I can't believe they pay me to work with some of the most gifted young performers around. Truly a cool gig.

Harry

Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:47 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

http://www.versions.ch/ovuille/services.html

Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:56 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Donor
Site Donor

I'm a project manager for a very big company. A tip of the hat to you sturdy souls who've wrested a living out of music.

Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:42 am
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

ArmyDoc wrote:
Cool! Your wife's work is at least as important as mine, if not more so, to the patient's eventual recovery. A good hand surgeon without a good therapist...isn't.

Nice ... and thanks. From what I understand, not all surgeons feel that way but she says the ones that do make her life much better :)

Where do you practice?

Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:44 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

WerkSpace wrote:
I play with expensive toys. (maintenance/repair)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gz5cuO0P6IQ

I approvve of the safety rails on the top of the giant toilet bowl, but where does the "poduct" go upon flushing?

Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:12 am
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

I'm a full-time Metal Artist. www.mountainmetalarts.com. I used to be a full-time drummer. I wanted to be a Doctor but didn't have enough patience.

Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:57 am
Contributor
Contributor

gpoorman wrote:
ArmyDoc wrote:

Nice ... and thanks. From what I understand, not all surgeons feel that way but she says the ones that do make her life much better :)

Where do you practice?

I currently split my time between the August VA and the Medical College of Georgia at Augusta University.

The only problem I've ever had with hand therapists is finding one who accept medicare/Medicaid, as unfortunately about half of my patients have either no insurance of only medicar/Medicaid. Oh well, if I'd wanted to be rich I'd be in a big city suburb and have my own "reality" TV show.

Lol, I made up my mind a long time ago I'd rather work helping real people than make fake people faker...er, more fake?

#6877 Rosewood, 12 String Grand, PASV-4, turquoise linear inlays and Pearl Gray tuners, tuned in Mirrored 4ths

Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:05 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 16  Next