It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:12 am

Free hands 50th anniversary in Europe  
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post Free hands 50th anniversary in Europe
Hello all,

A week ago, I started a discussion on my FB profile to check if there’s any project to do a party/seminar/StickCamp/whatever to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Free Hands method from Emmett Chapman. I had some inputs, mainly from Italian players willing to possibly organize something, but as I think there are some guys here with no FB profile, I paste my first post here. Let’s the discussion begins!

« Hey guys!

I wanted to begin a chat on the Afstg forum but as you have to register to take part to the discussion, I felt it should be a bit easier to start discussing here.

The StickCamp was, for me, awesome to organize. It’s a huge amount of work but definitely worth the trip, just because meeting all of you was just tremendous.

I know Kalle Sillanpää talked about organizing something in Finland in winter 2020 or later, and I find this idea fantastic, and I would definitely be there as I’m in love with Scandinavian countries.

But thinking about dates and camps, I thought that we should (or rather HAVE TO) organize some event for the 50th anniversary of the Free Hands method Emmett Chapman came with in early August 1969. Some US stick players are organizing some things overseas (at Interlochen I guess), and nothing seems on the way in Europe, which is, to me, quite annoying.

So my question is : does someone want to take the torch and organize something next summer somewhere in Europe? I think we definitely should gather EU stick players (and others) somewhere in Europe for that birthday. i know Ron Baggerman will organize a tapping week end next spring but for some business reasons, it won’t sadly be affiliated to Stick Enterprises. Ron’s events are always nice, but StickCamps are different (in length, cost, philosophy etc).

To me, gathering somewhere in Central Europe (Germany, Holland, Switzerland) seems the more logical. Again, I don’t specifically intend to organize something next year, but I feel something has to be organized and I just want to initiate a discussion about that idea. Organizing a StickCamp is long (I began working on it in December 2017, so 9 months earlier, as a baby) and sometimes tiring but very funny and rewarding as well.

So my question : anyone willing to take the torch for 2019? Let’s the discussion begin, let’s share ideas! »

Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:18 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post Re: Free hands 50th anniversary in Europe
Hi Bruno, You should get in touch with Daniela who organized the seminar in Sicily...It would be cook to head back to Italy,. I think..

Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:54 am
Profile My Photo Gallery