It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:56 am

How is everyone doing?? 
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post How is everyone doing??
I thought I would start a Chapman stick “update” thread through this crazy uncertain time.

Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:15 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post Re: How is everyone doing??
My family and I are doing well, teaching public school strings from home. Practicing when I can.
Worried for everyone. I hope to post a live stream this week, I’ve really enjoyed watching what others are posting!! How is Stick Enterprises doing?

Brett

Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:18 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Me and my family: we're doing well. Four of the five people in our household are associated with school, which means everyone is home 24/7. Not a bad thing.

Trying to look at positive outcomes through all of this...I too am enjoying all of the live online music right now. All genres, all levels of artistry. I rarely paid attention to facebook live, etc in the past. But now I think it's essential, for our soul if nothing else. I am expecting this to put an increased focus on the arts in general, post pandemic. Let's hope!

Otherwise, if you haven't shared something live online yet, I encourage all to do so. People need it! It doesn't have to be pro-level playing...just from your heart. A 30 second diddy or epic 9 minute masterpiece...it all works just fine! And it doesn't have to be professional video/audio. Your crappy phone mic gets the point across.

Bring it on, everyone. And thanks for asking, Brett

https://www.youtube.com/c/BrianBaggett306

Lap Bars: https://brianbaggettwoodcraft.ca/chapma ... -lap-bars/
TAGG Interface: https://brianbaggettwoodcraft.ca/tagg-interface/

Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:11 am
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

We're still healthy here. We're lucky having the house up near Interlochen. I am able to work full time from home so we got away from the Detroit area and relocated up a county with only one confirmed case so far. My wife is an Occupational Therapist and, although she was able to shed a good chunk of her schedule, there are still some that need to be seen so she's still going down for a couple of half days per week. Not ideal. It means we're basically on continuous quarantine. Plenty to keep us busy though.

Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:30 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Resident Contributor
Resident Contributor

My family and I are hunkered down in our apartment in Manhattan. It's pretty crazy and surreal here. Georgia and I have a few friends who have been hospitalized with severe symptoms, and two who have tragically succumbed. There are big morgue trucks outside the hospitals, and everyone's worry and concern is palpable even though the streets are empty.

Going into quarantine, I that we would have lots of time to catch up on things, work on our respective art and music projects, woodshed, etc, but with a 2-year-old girl that has been nigh on impossible. Making sure she is entertained, educated, and exercised, as best we can in isolation, has been all-consuming and incredibly challenging. Not to mention the fact that she has had broken sleep since this all started, means my wife and I aren't getting the rest we need either.

I have managed to squeeze in a weekly lesson with Greg though, which I look always forward to with gusto. Thanks, Greg!

Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:19 am
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Greetings. I send blessings of health, peace, joy, and equanimity... I am also working with Don Schiff recording my first offering on the Stick. I'm have SO much fun working with Don!!

My wife and I are doing fine. She is out in the tea house, working from home... Most of you probably do not know this, but I am a Doctor of Oriental Medicine. I continue to treat people from my clinic using acupuncture moxibustion and Chinese Herbs. In Chinese Medicines 4000 + years there have been over 600 epidemics that have swept the country. The medicine, particularly the herbal medicine developed formulas that are now hundreds of years old, which are EFFECTIVELY treating the Coronavirus. They are being used along with western medicine and people are getting much better quicker... The reason, ... we treat the being and the patterns that the virus produces instead of trying to treat the virus directly... Acupuncture and moxibustion have been proven to boost immune Ig antibodies, WBC's, RBC's and blood compliments.

Good supplementation now is high doses of Vit C (2500-5000 units) or until your stools are loose. Vit D is essential for Vit C uptake. Vit K as well. Black elderberry, as well as nasal irrigation with saline daily, is quite useful. AND... don't take in too much media! and continue to play on!!!!

Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:30 pm
Site Donor
Site Donor

Actually this stay at home/practice routine suits me just fine. All bank loans and mortgages were put on hold for 6 months so no money coming in but no money going out either. Can’t complain but I do worry about what will be the world like once this 6 month period is over... Bottom line, for the time being, I feel doubly privileged: I have the stick and I feel safe for 6 months... witch is a whole lot longer than usual.

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk

All Links:
https://ampl.ink/dNLw4

Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:50 am
Resident Contributor
Resident Contributor

Here in Connecticut, so far so good, but I'm also avoiding people as much as possible.
My folks - elderly - so far so good as well, they are one town over....

My friends in Brooklyn NY - not so good.

We are all worried about this, as we are watching what is happening in Europe, and figure whatever is happening there will happen here about two months later.

Either way, I have a very bad feeling that this is not going to end anytime soon, maybe by the late summer/early fall.

I thank God I listened to my mother and got my house paid off 1.5 years ago, and also that I am now 55, because if I decide to I can jump ship from my factory job and get those pensions rolling in early and then figure out a part time thing later on...

I was hoping that during my two weeks off from work [I basically walked out... because they are not following federal guidelines, and I am not getting sick - that is not an option for me...] anyhow, I was hoping that I could get some time in the studio here, but my creative energy is at an all time low :( :( :(

I am not going to lie, because we are so close to NYC, we are all quite worried about what may come our way from there.... because everywhere one looks here, there's cars with orange NY plates on them, makes me wonder if there's an escape from NY happening, which will only make matters worse for us.

Be safe everyone - this is very serious !!!

Ironwood #285, Classic [flatwounds]
Ironwood #1855, Classic [roundwounds]

SB-8 Padauk #1788, Classic CGDA, Electric Bass EADG
RB-8 Drk Blue w/Black Headstock # 6739, Crafty Tuning

NS Stick Transparent Green w/Moses neck #90120, 8-string Guitar Intervals

Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:48 pm
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

I'm glad to hear from everyone at this time.

I'm going to sound like a real sook here, seeing as I live in one of the most isolated and (so far) unaffected parts of the world. In comparison to my friends in Am, I got nothing to worry about...

I had a crash today. I'm slowly coming out of it and I have been ok most of the time.

I'm somewhere between giving up cigarettes, not getting enough exercise and starting something with a lady friend which got shut down real quick. :lol:

In a way I'm grateful for life coming to a standstill. It seems to have really brought into focus what is most important. That's a good thing and sometimes a bitter pill.

Anyhow, I don't envy you blokes over in Am and I'm sorry it's proving to be such a challenge already. I know we'll all be different after this and a whole lot stronger.

All my love and regards.

https://www.facebook.com/stickradmusic/
https://www.facebook.com/southernstickevents/

Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:36 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

My flight to be back in Montreal on April 19th has been cancelled. So, I'm stuck in Dom. Rep. but I'm fine. I can stay here longer without any problems. I'm living in a place where it's really quiet and secure. Weather is warm and nice, so I go to the beach every afternoon to walk. I miss some instruments I have in Canada but I do have here a cheap guitar and a ukulele bass I can play with. Maybe back on May 1st but nothing is sure yet.

https://alainauclair.bandcamp.com/

Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:50 am
Profile My Photo Gallery