It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:04 pm

Roman Giza - All Major Thirds Tuning? 
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post Re: Roman Giza - All Major Thirds Tuning?
oh on another note (sorry for double post) some of the hex processors can do string retuning.. the VG99 has a funny one that tunes all the strings to E (heh, remember that yamaha midi guitar controller that used the same string for 1-6)

Antares even made a GK compatible box that was all about tunings (lap steel players liked it, they even released a lap steel SW pack for it)

I just bring it up b/c if you are GK equipped, experimenting - at least as proof of concept - is easy enough to do in SW

Tue Feb 27, 2024 9:58 am
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Post Re: Roman Giza - All Thirds Tuning?
begin again wrote:
Alain wrote:
DavidWS wrote:
Alain wrote:
On my side I'd like to see the resuts with an alternative maj and min 3rd's...

C, E, G, B, D, F#, A...etc...

For any particular reason Alain?

It gives triads in open tuning...more or less. Easy chord with one finger playing a barré. On a staff notes are that way too.

kind of reminds me of slide/steel tunings (like C6 without the 6th, maybe the 6th would be useful)

===========================================
Notes you can't get in one hand are posible to play with the other hand. That is one of the main reason why I like so much the Stick.

https://alainauclair.bandcamp.com/

Tue Feb 27, 2024 3:47 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Alain wrote:
Notes you can't get in one hand are posible to play with the other hand. That is one of the main reason why I like so much the Stick.

And to my mind regular patterns like All Fourths (Fifths, Major Thirds,...) are a big plus in ease of making use of those other possibilities.

It's a major reason why I already used All Fourths on guitar before I 'found' the Stick.

However each to their own, horses for courses, and so on.

Hurrah for the flexibility of the Stick. :D

My next move may be to try out a 'Dual' tuning, i.e. same on both sides. It's an arrangement for which there are standard tunings on the SG12, so why not on Stick too if it gives the sounds that the player wants? Only one way to find out... :)

Bamboo Grand 12 2024 #7472 Stickup Low Xtnd Classic Melody (Outer 5ths)
Bamboo Grand 12 2009 #5826 PASV4 Low Xtnd Classic Melody (Outer 5ths)
Graphite 10 2009 #5862 PASV4 Classic

Wed Feb 28, 2024 3:02 am
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

mahabresq wrote:
begin again wrote:
I'm under the impression the railboard that he got to replace his stolen stick didn't have the relief scalloping - saldy that doesn't seem like an option from SE anymore (I get the blanks are probably batch run, but hopefully in future years, they can pull 1 or 2 off the line before the flycutter)

Roman's Railboard had the relief moved under strings 9-10. In previous years, this order option certainly existed.

they actually ran the flycutter on the outside edges?

Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:07 pm