It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:46 am

Stick Seminar Apr 2010 near London UK? 
Contributor
Contributor

Post Stick Seminar Apr 2010 near London UK?
Dang! A few days agoI found a link to a Stick Seminar near London, England in April 2010, and I can't find it again. Anyone know more about this please?

Thanks, Max

Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:04 pm

Post Re: Stick Seminar Apr 2010 near London UK?
Are you sure it was not the 2009 event? I don't doubt you but so far I haven't heard anything this year as far as UK Stick events go.

If you're not already a member and have Facebook, its worth joining the 'UK Stick' group on there. Althouh currently a ghost town, it helped me find my first stick secondhand.

Please post if you hear anything about UK events, I take it you're based near London?

Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:39 am
Contributor
Contributor

Nantes (in France) is not so far from London (byr train or airplane !) and, next Month, there'll be a Stick event with concerts and seminar too : Les Folies Tapping !!!

And you'll even get a London based teacher : Jim Lampi

Join us :D

#5162 10-string Maple Stick
#5743 Tinted Salmon Light Bamboo Grand Stick

AFSTG (Association Française du Stick et de la Tape Guitare)

Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:43 am

Yeah, that looks awesome. I just saw the poster earlier today!

I'd love to get over there, but would need to research flying with an instrument abit, or cost out driving from Manchester! Are any other Brits thinking of heading over for Les Folies Tapping?

Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:52 am
Contributor
Contributor

Thor - I'm based near Guildford in Surrey, and yes, maybe the event I saw mentioned was 2009, because no year year was mentioned in the post. Les Folies Tapping sounds great, but planning going anywhere from UK in the near future is currently a bit difficult. I heard a interview on the Icelandic volancano, and when asked how long it could go on for, the volcanologist replied - "who knows, maybe months". Let's hope it doesn't, but that whole episode has been a wakeup to how fragile and 'just-in-time' modern life is. I suspect the volcanic eruptions and earthquakes round the world is that guy with the stick on the Les Folies Tapping poster practising his bass chops. If not, it's Gordon Brown's fault...

Max

Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:54 am
Site Donor
Site Donor

Maybe you could come by car with some other lads (I think there's already an english player who'll come here)

Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:32 am
Profile My Photo Gallery