It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:33 am

Hybrid EMG Melody / StickUp Bass pickup 
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Post Re: Hybrid EMG Melody / StickUp Bass pickup
Petary791 wrote:
The thing is, who really uses the Stickup volume pots anyways? I've found it really kills the tone.

Yeah you would think that. I thought so too. But when they're gone, you discover just how often you use them as a quick way to kill feedback between tunes on stage when your distortion is on or use them as a quick way to keep pops out of your speakers when your plugging in or unplugging a cable. Etc, etc, etc. Or sometimes when making loops, I found that the volume pots gave me much finer control than any volume pedal (mostly right at the point of initial attack).

The long and short is ... you'd likely be surprised. But these things can be worked around and I like the pickup enough where I have no regrets at all.

Glenn

Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:54 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Contributor
Contributor

I imagine you could make one of these units particularly if your Stick was setup with a PASV4/ACTV2 channel. Make your own housing put in the bass side Stickup and Melody ACTV2 and you could probably even squeeze in a FET circuit for the bass side so that impedance is not an issue. The FET and "ACTV1" sharing the battery. Plug and Play in any way.

Call it the "Go "FET"ch'A Stick".

That would be an awesome production pickup even I would bet.

-Curtis

Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:43 am

And what about a hybrid PASV melody/EMG bass pickup? :idea:

I like very much the slightly-compressed-sound of the EMG on the bass side, but melody could need a greater variety of tones, as the PASV can provide.

Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:53 am