It is currently Mon Jun 03, 2024 1:12 pm

Belt Fashion 
Resident Contributor
Resident Contributor

Post Belt Fashion
More of an aesthetic topic here. I find it awkward stuffing the belt hook into my pants, and I'm not the type that always wears a belt. When playing the Stick, I find it more comfortable to wear a belt that's not on my pants, or even wearing a second belt, so the first belt can do it's primary job of holding up my pants. Problem is, this looks really awkward having a belt on on top of your clothes. So my question: what do you guys do for belts? Any ideas on looking more fashion-forward while on stage?

Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:47 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post Re: Belt Fashion
Nomad Monday wrote:
More of an aesthetic topic here. I find it awkward stuffing the belt hook into my pants, and I'm not the type that always wears a belt. When playing the Stick, I find it more comfortable to wear a belt that's not on my pants, or even wearing a second belt, so the first belt can do it's primary job of holding up my pants. Problem is, this looks really awkward having a belt on on top of your clothes. So my question: what do you guys do for belts? Any ideas on looking more fashion-forward while on stage?

Hi Nomad Monday,

I use this Tool-Belt:

http://lux-produkte.emil-lux.de/werkzeugkatalog_public/index.asp?lngExpID=1251&lngObjIdLayout=-1&lngObjID=34176&strLngID=de

Looks and feels pretty good, when you ware black cloths. I am pretty sure you can buy those kind of belts all around the world.

Cheers

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler" AlbertEinstein

10 String Rosewood (Stickup)
12 String Rosewood (PASV-4)
Classic Tuning (Medium Gauge)
2 Avalon U5
2 DBX 160A
Lexicon MPX1

Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:50 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Quote:
Hi Again,

I am sorry, the link I provided does not work anymore. I will take a picture of my "Stick-Belt" and post it a.s.a.p.

Bye for now

And here comes the picture

Klick on the picture for a better view. You'll find it in the Gallery as well with a comment.

Ciao

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler" AlbertEinstein

10 String Rosewood (Stickup)
12 String Rosewood (PASV-4)
Classic Tuning (Medium Gauge)
2 Avalon U5
2 DBX 160A
Lexicon MPX1

Last edited by michaelpaffen on Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:32 am, edited 3 times in total.

Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:53 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Contributor
Contributor

I use a Sam Browne -type belt I got from a surplus shop in UK, it's actually what the UK police use to carry their clubs and cuffs and other accessories I think - not so fashionable but very sturdy and I find stability more important than anything belt-wise. It's got velcro on the inside and is quite easily adjusted for size. I've seen Bianchi Sam Browne belts that were almost identical but cost rather more than mine did.

Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:19 am

Search for Military/Army Belts (Military Surplus).

Success assured...

Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:05 am
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Nomad Monday wrote:
Hi Damon,

I've been using a second belt as long as I can remember.

I like this kind of belt:

They are easy to adjust, inexpensive, and fit nicely in the gig bag pocket. Easy to change the color of, too.

If you get one that about 8" longer than you need, you can also loosen it up and use it when seated to rest the weight of the instrument on the front of your chair. The belt just keeps the Stick from sliding off the chair.

This puts it at about the same position on your body as if you were standing, but with a little bit more space between you and the instrument.

If I don't want the belt to be seen, I'll wear a loose shirt over it, which makes it look like the Stick is just "there."

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XXdj_SNbrk[/youtube]

RSS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XXdj_SNbrk

the position of the instrument when seated is like this:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rup0ZzEyPmQ[/youtube]

RSS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rup0ZzEyPmQ

Hope that helps.

Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:50 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Contributor
Contributor

i use a weight lifter belt....the thickness and how wide it is... keeps the stick from sagging like other belts.. they tend to stretch out or break

darren/gnat

Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:34 am
Site Donor
Site Donor

I like a diver's weight belt.
It's 2 inches wide, heavy nylon which is stiff enough not to buckle where the belt hook sits on it, yet doesn't bite into you like stiff leather. Mine is all black including the buckle and cost $12 postpaid on ebay.

Mad Monk.

August, 1983

Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:06 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Resident Contributor
Resident Contributor

I have this one...a Klein 5705 tool belt.

Attachment:
18354279_640.jpg

I'm pretty happy with it, but it does buckle a bit where the belt hook rests.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Since when did music become all about the words

Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:43 am
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post Belt Fashion
I use an airplane safety belt that I also hide under a shirt or sweater.

Attachment:
Belt.jpg

Olivier

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:08 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery