It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:33 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 What I Want 
Artisan Contributor
Artisan Contributor

Post Re: What I Want
heartstrings wrote:
I almost blocked Mr. Positive, but decided against it. As annoying as he can be, I have to admit the morbid amusement I get when he posts something inflammatory and everyone here just dogpiles on him! It's just hilarious to me :D . I'll endure it for the entertainment value it brings. :lol:
I also changed my mind, as I realised that I *am* a bit of a bull-dog in my old age and enjoy having something to whinge about! :)

EG

Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:11 pm
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

evilgus wrote:
heartstrings wrote:
I almost blocked Mr. Positive, but decided against it. As annoying as he can be, I have to admit the morbid amusement I get when he posts something inflammatory and everyone here just dogpiles on him! It's just hilarious to me :D . I'll endure it for the entertainment value it brings. :lol:
I also changed my mind, as I realised that I *am* a bit of a bull-dog in my old age and enjoy having something to whinge about! :)

EG

Not me ... so much of the world can be unpleasant, people acting badly to each other, and so may on line forums I've been a member of (A few bass guitar forums, a few motorcycle forums, a few musical product specific forums) all seem to have a large vocal group of people who seem to be there for the main reason of pissing people off, hurting people and making waves. There's no wonder why we still have wars and crimes when some people apparently seem to find JOY hurting others and being total jerks. When I discovered the Stick I not only discovered an instrument that excited me like no other but i also found a forum filled with people who seem sincere and friendly. People who I've come to consider my "friends" even though we're from different parts of the world and will no doubt never meet face to face. I cherish that about this forum. It's breath of fresh air and although it may not honestly represent the world ... I don't want to see that change. I'm very happy that with very few exceptions we all seem to be able to agree and DISAGREE in a friendly and respectful way. And I'm also glad to be able to "block" (at least from my view) anyone who treats others badly. So for me ... if I think someone is here just to get joy from hurting and insulting others I'll block them. There's nothing wrong with disagreement ... things can be learnt from a good debate. But there's never a good reason for someone to be an insulting jerk.

http://www.rayrlmusic.com
http://www.myspace.com/raylavigne

Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:47 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Artisan Contributor
Artisan Contributor

Good points, Ray, you changed my mind! I am so fickle, it's a sickness, I tell ya!!! And with basses too....Tobias....MTD....Dingwall....Custom....what shall it be today?!!?

EG

Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:53 am
Site Donor
Site Donor

I found these words as part of our friend TT's post on Feb. 2

>>>I know the kiddies are gonna cry over this one as well but don't bother deleting another of my posts cause this is my last one<<<

If he can't keep his word, then.......

Isiah Olchap

Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:19 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Donor
Site Donor

:D I was looking for the same phrase! Good one, Steve!

Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:25 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Friends,

I do find it :( that this person ,(tritone) has to make these disparaging comments and to be so negative and hateful... In my practice, I see and deal with these personalities from time to time. And while there is a "classification" for one who has such a deep, deep well of insecurity that they have to continually be argumentative and find fault with others, what works best for someone such as this is to to:

1. DO NOT RESPOND
2. Look toward this person with compassion and kindness
3. And "get it", THIS IS ALL ABOUT HIM, this has nothing to do with any of us.

If we all can keep this in mind, if he has nothing to push against, What is left? He will simply implode into his own negativity.
And with saying that, Tritone, be responsible and develop some Unconditional Positive Regard for youself.

Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:35 am

Being that the very day I signed up to this fine musical environment (sometime in December) t*****e was bashing the idea someone had for teaching practices or indeed for having a teacher at all was a bad thing, if we shouldn't talk about technique (which we should, because I learn so much from even the guys who claim to be "no expert" [Rob Martino - I'm looking at you for one :lol: ] then what is left other than gear chat. So hurrah on with pimping thy stick! And ignore what anyone else says!
I would like to support what several people have said with regard to this being a friendly and supportive thing to be a part of! Here's to stickist.com (ie to Marty!) and lets get on with being that environment rather than whinging and whingers!

With regards to the fretboard lights - Being a brit I've heard of the company and am aware they do fantastic work! If you wanted maximum cheese perhaps they could install linear markers as strips of LEDs to make patterns. The Blackpool Stick...

Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:58 pm
Resident Contributor
Resident Contributor

If I were Tritone, I wouldn't mess with the God of Thunder!! :lol:

Kris

Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:04 pm
Site Donor
Site Donor

Is this a forum, or an arena?

imploding into my own negativity,

mad monk

August, 1983

Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:29 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Has Tritone ever posted any musical offerings?

It is curious to me that a snarky comment generates pages of replies, but posting a recorded composition will, more often than not, result in a mere fraction of the responses.

I'm thinking that Tritone is a lonely, bitter soul that gets affirmation from the whirlwind of attention he (she?) engenders with a nasty comment.

I would offer to Tritone that the satisfaction of one note of appreciation for a creative effort will far outweigh any malicious glee one could derive from zillions of angry rejoinders. ;)

Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:38 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next