It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:24 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
 New Stick Tech video: comparing the Stickup, ACTV-2 & PASV-4 
Contributor
Contributor

Post Re: New Stick Tech video: comparing the Stickup, ACTV-2 & PA
Hi All,

Are the Block modules interchangeable between 10-string and 12-string Sticks? Since the PASV-4 is currently not available, and I'm dreaming of a 12-string, I have a vision of getting a 12-string and replacing the pickup with the PASV-4 from my 10-string (at least in the interim).

Thanks,
~T

#5484 Padauk 12 String Grand Stick, PASV-4 MR
#5727 Osage Orange 10 String Stick, PASV-4 MR

- Ted

Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:49 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Master Contributor
Master Contributor

I have a passive 4 module I want to sell. It’s just collecting dust at the moment meant to post it for sale I believe the passive 4 and active 2 are the same size. I bought a SG 12 with passive but really loved the sound of the stickup. So I ordered the Stick up so now it’s on my SG12. I just prefer the sound of the Stick Up more not that there is anything wrong with passive 4. I have a big space now where my Stickuo fits into the cut away for the larger pickups but it sounds the way I envisioned it now

I’m not sure if a 12 string passive four is the same size as a 10 string passive four. So perhaps someone came chime in

Maple SG12 #6914 Classic Tuning
Website robgellner.com
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChuob7 ... bmRsfgswJQ

Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:54 am
Resident Contributor
Resident Contributor

I believe the 10 and 12-string modules are different sizes. However, the ACTV2 and PASV4 share the same overall dimensions but with different hole placement for mounting.

Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:45 am
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Jzzb8ovn wrote:
I’m not sure if a 12 string passive four is the same size as a 10 string passive four. So perhaps someone came chime in

A very late answer (2 years later!), but this topic just got a mention from elsewhere so I noticed the question and saw there wasn't a definitive answer.

I have both 10 string & 12 string PASV-4 instruments. The two blocks are different widths to match with the different widths of the 10 string (3 1/4", 8.3cm) & 12 string (3 3/4", 9.5cm) beams.

Maybe this will help someone someday...

Bamboo Grand 12 2024 #7472 Stickup Low Xtnd Classic Melody (Outer 5ths)
Bamboo Grand 12 2009 #5826 PASV4 Low Xtnd Classic Melody (Outer 5ths)
Graphite 10 2009 #5862 PASV4 Classic

Sat Jul 15, 2023 5:49 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10