It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:41 pm




Post new topic Reply to topic Bookmark and Share  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 New Stick Tech video: comparing the Stickup, ACTV-2 & PASV-4 
Author Message
Contributor
Contributor
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:26 am
Posts: 195
Post Re: New Stick Tech video: comparing the Stickup, ACTV-2 & PA
Thanks for that, Greg. Would you (or anyone else) care to venture a guess what a Railboard with a Stickup might sound like, and is there any prospect of such an animal becoming available in the future? For my purposes I like the sound of the Stickup, but the slightly wider Railboard string spacing might suit me a little better than my current 'narrow' 10 string.

Max


Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:00 am
Profile
Artisan Contributor
Artisan Contributor
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:38 pm
Posts: 591
Location: Cary, NC
Post Re: New Stick Tech video: comparing the Stickup, ACTV-2 & PA
Max, have you thought of a 10-string Grand? It gives you the wider spacing and more pickup options...

_________________
Daniel Marks
#6133
Rosewood Grand, PASV4


Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:58 am
Profile
Site Donor
Site Donor
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:34 pm
Posts: 775
Location: Fargo, ND, USA
Post Re: New Stick Tech video: comparing the Stickup, ACTV-2 & PA
sagehalo wrote:
Max, have you thought of a 10-string Grand? It gives you the wider spacing and more pickup options...


Except there's the small bummer with the 10-string Grand, no Stickup because of string spacing :(

_________________
Green Ash 10-string
Stickup+StepABout = <3
Serial Number 6290


Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:02 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2007 3:07 pm
Posts: 6288
Location: Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
Post Re: New Stick Tech video: comparing the Stickup, ACTV-2 & PA
maxr wrote:
Thanks for that, Greg. Would you (or anyone else) care to venture a guess what a Railboard with a Stickup might sound like, and is there any prospect of such an animal becoming available in the future? For my purposes I like the sound of the Stickup, but the slightly wider Railboard string spacing might suit me a little better than my current 'narrow' 10 string.

Max

The Stickup is too "deep" for the depth of the Railboard. I really like the sound of the Railboard pickup, very warm and well-balanced..

_________________
Happy tapping, greg
please don't PM me, If you want to get in touch use email stickist@aol.com

Stick Lessons by Skype and Google Video Chat


Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:50 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Contributor
Contributor
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:26 am
Posts: 195
Post Re: New Stick Tech video: comparing the Stickup, ACTV-2 & PA
Greg said:

Quote:
The Stickup is too "deep" for the depth of the Railboard. I really like the sound of the Railboard pickup, very warm and well-balanced..


Ah, so that's why it won't be an option - thanks guys!

Max


Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:14 am
Profile

Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2015 6:24 pm
Posts: 14
Post Re: New Stick Tech video: comparing the Stickup, ACTV-2 & PA
Hi Gregg, I didn't read this whole thread so I'm sorry if you already answered this question. I have the original PASV-4 pickup on my graphite grand 12 string. Does the newer version of the PASV-4 sound any different from the original?

BTW I haven't been on the boards for several years. I forgot my password and forum name and had to re-register. So I'm not a new member ... just a member that's been gone for a long time. :) I've recently had time to rediscover my Stick and well ... here I am again! 8-) My name is Ray!


Sat Feb 14, 2015 6:34 pm
Profile
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:01 pm
Posts: 1537
Post Re: New Stick Tech video: comparing the Stickup, ACTV-2 & PA
BTW, this is rrlavigne. I found my old user name and password so I'm going back to that as I have a lot of forum history.

_________________
Tap on!!
Ray
Graphite Grand MR Tuning.
http://www.rayrlmusic.com
http://www.myspace.com/raylavigne


Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:54 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2007 3:07 pm
Posts: 6288
Location: Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
Post Re: New Stick Tech video: comparing the Stickup, ACTV-2 & PA
rrlavigne wrote:
Hi Gregg, I didn't read this whole thread so I'm sorry if you already answered this question. I have the original PASV-4 pickup on my graphite grand 12 string. Does the newer version of the PASV-4 sound any different from the original?

BTW I haven't been on the boards for several years. I forgot my password and forum name and had to re-register. So I'm not a new member ... just a member that's been gone for a long time. :) I've recently had time to rediscover my Stick and well ... here I am again! 8-) My name is Ray!
Hi Ray,

The filtering is a little bit more demonstrative, and the most trebly position is more of a bypass.

Other than that they sound the same. Good to see you back!

_________________
Happy tapping, greg
please don't PM me, If you want to get in touch use email stickist@aol.com

Stick Lessons by Skype and Google Video Chat


Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:51 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:01 pm
Posts: 1537
Post Re: New Stick Tech video: comparing the Stickup, ACTV-2 & PA
greg wrote:
rrlavigne wrote:
Hi Gregg, I didn't read this whole thread so I'm sorry if you already answered this question. I have the original PASV-4 pickup on my graphite grand 12 string. Does the newer version of the PASV-4 sound any different from the original?

BTW I haven't been on the boards for several years. I forgot my password and forum name and had to re-register. So I'm not a new member ... just a member that's been gone for a long time. :) I've recently had time to rediscover my Stick and well ... here I am again! 8-) My name is Ray!
Hi Ray,

The filtering is a little bit more demonstrative, and the most trebly position is more of a bypass.

Other than that they sound the same. Good to see you back!


Thanks Greg for the info and the welcome back!

_________________
Tap on!!
Ray
Graphite Grand MR Tuning.
http://www.rayrlmusic.com
http://www.myspace.com/raylavigne


Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:06 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Artisan Contributor
Artisan Contributor
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:08 pm
Posts: 655
Location: Tel-Aviv, Israel
Post Re: New Stick Tech video: comparing the Stickup, ACTV-2 & PA
what a great and usefull vid ! :D

_________________
#2001, 10 strings Shedua, standard tuning
Stickup, Fretrails
Manufactured 2002


Fri May 01, 2015 8:35 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic Bookmark and Share  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

board3 Portal - based on phpBB3 Portal Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group. Designed by Vjacheslav Trushkin for Free Forums/DivisionCore.
Heavily modified by Stickist.com. Stickist.com is an authorized Chapman Stick® site. The Chapman Stick® and NS/Stick™ and their marks are federally registered trademarks exclusively licensed to Stick Enterprises, Inc., and are used on Stickist.com and NSstickist.com with SEI's permission.
Click here for more information.