It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:18 am

Turnaround time for email at SE? 

Post Turnaround time for email at SE?
Hi

Can anyone give me a guide on how long a turnaround there is for email enquiries to SE? I have sent two enquiries to buy new strings, a stand and a book on 17th and 28th of April but I've had no reply to either. Is this a normal wait? I have no reference data.

(An earlier general enquiry about a stick I was thinking of buying, and eventually did, back in February also went unanswered but I put this down to it being a general question rather than a specific order or enquiry)

I'm not comfortable making international phone calls across time zones but, as everyone here raves about the excellent service they get that way, if that's the proper way to place an order then I'll have to get the phone booked...

Rosewood Grand #1496, Matched Reciprocal

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes"

Mon May 12, 2014 10:24 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post Re: Turnaround time for email at SE?
Stick Enterprise's in recent years has created a very detailed way to buy everything from
strings to a new Stick on their website. I would imagine that was done in part to help
with international customers. It is suppossed to work :| but i would say if you don't get a
reply soon you should try a call. Good luck.
jRj

http://jrjwhatifthepaintingshadsongs.tumblr.com/

Last edited by JRJ on Mon May 12, 2014 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon May 12, 2014 10:32 am
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

My last e-mail to Cambria was replied to in about 48 hours, but I've had problems with them(e-mails) in the past, mainly due to my server (Virgin). She was very apologetic even though it wasn't her fault, so I'd try again in case they didn't receive it :)

-Marc-

Mon May 12, 2014 10:49 am

numbersix wrote:
I've had problems with them(e-mails) in the past, mainly due to my server (Virgin).

Ah -- I'm on Virgin as well -- there's maybe something up between here and there (maybe Virgin's on a US spamlist?)

I'll try emailing from work.

Rosewood Grand #1496, Matched Reciprocal

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes"

Mon May 12, 2014 10:54 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

I usually just ring them from Australia during their open hours, nice to talk to them and the order for strings etc just goes straight in, easy! ;)
For Instruments there is a bit of back and forth with email to confirm details etc.

Mon May 12, 2014 10:58 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Resident Contributor
Resident Contributor

A phone call is te way to go. Personally, I feel it's part of the charme ;)

Mon May 12, 2014 12:31 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

I don't agree with the majority that think phone calls are the way to go. It's 2014 and email or a better online order processing system should be defacto. Of course, this also requires systems in place at SE to regularly check and process orders.

I've had emails and email orders that took 10 days for just a responses. On my last order, which I initially emailed, I followed up with a phone call after a couple days.

Rosewood Alto #5764

Mon May 12, 2014 12:57 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

carvingcode wrote:
I don't agree with the majority that think phone calls are the way to go. It's 2014 and email or a better online order processing system should be defacto. Of course, this also requires systems in place at SE to regularly check and process orders.

I've had emails and email orders that took 10 days for just a responses. On my last order, which I initially emailed, I followed up with a phone call after a couple days.

+1

As much as I enjoy chatting with the folks at SE, phone calls are an imposition on my time (me - the customer.)

I want my strings, I want them tomorrow. I want to give you my money. I want to click and be done.

Thanks!

♬·¯·♩¸¸♪·¯·♫¸¸♬·¯·♩¸¸♪·¯·♫
Tarara 10-String #6300 DBR
Black Railboard #6594 BM
♬·¯·♩¸¸♪·¯·♫¸¸♬·¯·♩¸¸♪·¯·♫

Mon May 12, 2014 1:33 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

I wonder, then, if it might be time for them to consider setting up limited ordering capability on their site for smaller, straightforward orders ... things like strings, books, CD's, cables & accessories, etc. I can imagine that doing so might shave off a lot of time answering emails and phone calls.
They could still make ordering instruments a process only available via phone or email.

http://www.facebook.com/LucBergeronMusic

Mon May 12, 2014 1:42 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Donor
Site Donor

I wouldn't get blue about it, it's supply and demand. Right now, SE is a small business and considering their products are handmade, custom made and/or made to order - we are on the demand side of the equation.

It's not Amazon, it's not eBay and it's not Jack in the Box. I agree a phone call is not always convenient for you, but considering that every instrument is touched by Emmett, every second of his day is spoken for. Who else in the world supplies this service?

No one.

Is it part of the charm? I had not thought about it like that, but I would have to agree as SE literally embodies the term Mom and Pop shop. There about 7000 Sticks / NS Sticks in the world and one shop, one man and one process through which they all pass. Without trying to sound like a jerk about it, we get it when we get it.

Mon May 12, 2014 4:54 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery