It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:24 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 I'm back with some Bach and a bit of a story. 
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post Re: I'm back with some Bach and a bit of a story.
Per Boysen wrote:
Great playing, Eric! I've wondered what a SG-12 with the Stickup would sound like. Now I know, a very pleasant tone. And congratulation to keeping that finger - ten is indeed more than nine even though less might be more in other areas. Glad you're recovering so well!

Thank you, Per. I know you've had a lot of medical challenges too and it's very encouraging to be complimented by you. The internet has allowed us to meet and share, but dang it, I still would love to sit and jam with you. :) I'll be in Scotland in October, do you ever make it there? 8-)

I love the sound of an SG with the Stickup. A Stickup and one sound, but it's the one sound I want and I will probably not have a stick without one. I would like to do an A/B listening test with a ACTV-2 as I love Bob Culbertson's tone, too. For some reason, my ear does not relate to the sound of the PASV-4. To each, eh?

-Eric

Rosewood SG12 #5966, Mirrored 4ths
Twitter: @ejknapp
http://ericjknapp.com

Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:13 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Stickrad wrote:
Eric .!

Just want to chime in and say I had a listen to this , this morning. Great stuff, I can hear all that Stick experience in your fingertips.

Represent..!

Thank you, Konrad. That means a lot. I appreciated your willingness to help me last fall and I showed my students the video you made for me. I was trying to demonstrate that senior people in a community want to help new people and they should not be afraid of asking for help. Your video made an impression that day.

-Eric

Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:17 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Kataway wrote:
I was listening to your music and I love what you do. Bach is a monster. Imagine what that musician would do today. You impressed me a lot playing this music...congrats.

Thank you, I love playing classical music on a Stick. I have a fun principle I tell my students sometimes, "When life is hard play Bach." It gets a good laugh, but I secretly mean it. :)

Kataway wrote:
I read only the first line of your story...unable to go further...I'm sorry...but...when I read all the good commentaries of others I was thinking...great...everything has been done well and Eric is back...but...still...I'm unable to read your story...sorry...I hope you understand. I'm just happy for you that everything is ok and the fact that you can play again....

I fully understand, I would have the same reaction. This is why I had a summary before the video. I met the incredible musician Zoë Keating a month after my accident. I kept my right hand in my coat pocket and extend my left hand to shake hers. My wife was there and told her that I had injured my hand. Zoë was very understanding and supportive, but thanked me for keeping my hand in my pocket. You are not alone in this.

-Eric

Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:25 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Donor
Site Donor

EricTheGray wrote:
Is this yours?

If you are referring to the Stick I mentioned, then I must clarify that it was Greg's. My order has been placed, however. More news will be posted as events unfold, somewhere other than this thread. ;)

Keep up the good work.

Last edited by Robstafarian on Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:53 am
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

sagehalo wrote:
Eric,

My father had a table saw accident to his middle finger and after multiple tendon surgeries it could never do what your fingers do. Feel blessed that you came through this able to play so well. AND BE CAREFUL! We need your gifts.

Thanks for the share

Daniel

Thank you, I'll be careful, I promise! I do feel very fortunate.

-Eric

Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:25 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

earthgene wrote:
Well done - you are a warrior and a fine musician!

Thank you, Gene. It is a very strong goal to come to a FHA, but it won't be this year, I'm afraid. Keep them going and I'll get to one eventually.

-Eric

Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:28 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Olivier wrote:
Eric, you rock! You have all my respect.

Thank you, Olivier. That's nice to hear. And I do want to rock in addition to Bach. Stay tuned. :)

-Eric

Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:36 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Donor
Site Donor

EricTheGray wrote:
It is a very strong goal to come to a FHA, but it won't be this year, I'm afraid. Keep them going and I'll get to one eventually.

Maybe we should set up a Google+ Hangout or Skype group call for those of us who could not make it. I promise to bring my own tequila.

Last edited by Robstafarian on Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:15 pm
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Eric.!

I now remember your posting about the initial injury and what a heavy time that was especially hearing of someone in this great community having to go through that.

Congratulations on a complete 180 turn around and your courage and determination.

Thanks for sharing takes on a whole other level here...

I'm with Oceans, reflecting surgical rays of blue light to you now from the One. You did all the hard work anyway.

Much Bruv Luv

https://www.facebook.com/stickradmusic/
https://www.facebook.com/southernstickevents/

Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:24 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Gusset wrote:
Thanks for sharing this inspirational story, Eric. That was a close call, and I'm REALLY glad to see you've overcome.

Great playing!

There's no comparison, for sure, but I had a little table saw accident myself in the last week of 2013, in which a piece of work got away and mousetrapped back on me. Fractured my right index finger, extending into the joint. It took about 5 weeks before the doc told me I could bend the joint enough to play fully.

Again, an injury not in league with yours, but perhaps someday we will meet and shake hands with our once-unplayable index fingered hands.

Thank you for the nice comments. I'm sorry to hear about your injury. That sounds like it was pretty bad, too. I'm glad you've recovered.

-Eric

Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:27 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next