It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 10:58 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Germany's next Railboard :-) 

Post Re: Germany's next Railboard :-)
@Nashorn: Danke ;-). Viele Grüße aus Potsdam nach Freiburg :-)

@earthgene: I already did this to make my Railboard possible ;-). This is also the reason why wait time will be a lot harder for me

Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:08 pm

Hi, I'm also waiting on a new blue Railboard, nearly 9 months since the beginning of the process, this has probably taken a long time because it took a while to sort out the gauge and strings, I might still refine this further myself when I finally receive the instrument.

I'm from England but received my first stick when I was living in Germany over twenty years ago. After a year or so I began busking in Altona, Hamburg and travelling around to other european cities also, at weekends.

Looking forward to getting my hands on the Railboard.

Good luck
Paul C.

Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:42 am

@p.cat: Oh my God [emoji47]. Hopefully I do not have to wait so long [emoji17]. What time did Cambria tell you?

Btw: Nice color you have chosen [emoji1][emoji1]

Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:35 am

Every time I have called for the last 2/3 months I've been told it'll be a few weeks, I've even paid in full and don't understand the problem. I can only assume that because I'm on the other side of the Atlantic and unable to call in, more persitant locals or professional musicians known to them get thier orders sorted quicker.

I should add that I've got the highest admiration for the company, their individual courtesy and the product they produce, I've no doubt it'll come eventually but I'll be relieved when it arrives.

Cheers
Paul C.

Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:53 am

You will have it soon [emoji6]

I hope to have my Railboard soon, too. My musical project is in hurry. First Gigs are already in the making. I am practising a lot with my modified 8string Ibanez to get all the chords and the feeling....to be ready when it arrives
... but it is not the same. As an example: I had to choose a compromise and replace the thickest string with one that is an octave higher; sounds terrible but this is the only option of learning all needed stuff without having Railboard in my hands)

Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:39 am

Sounds like you're serious and organised but nothing prepares you for . . . "THE STICK".

Seriously though, I'm sure the instrument will blow you away. Good luck.

Paul C.

Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:03 pm
Master Contributor
Master Contributor

Sorry Paul for the long wait. We're trying to catch up. Your Railboard is assembled and ready for stringing, then my final setup. It's a matter of a couple days now.

Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:16 pm

...and then....after hours of rehearsing and writing...the blue railboard turned to BLACK.
I decided to change color for my order....somehow it fits better with the kind of music, melodies and harmonies I am playing with this tuning. It feels a bit strange cause I did this 2 month after the original order.

Does someone also had such a change of mind?

Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:52 am
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

The black Railboards look very cool. If I had to choose, I would choose the same.

https://sproingg.bandcamp.com/
http://soundcloud.com/jenko-nashorn

Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:55 am
Artisan Contributor
Artisan Contributor

nashorn wrote:
The black Railboards look very cool. If I had to choose, I would choose the same.

Yep, mine is black and gold just like the one in the Hot Shots gallery. Black Railboards are the coolest 8-)

Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:51 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next