It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:34 am

Are Stick Enterprises okay? 

Post Are Stick Enterprises okay?
I've had a stick on order since early April, which was expected in August(ish). I know it was going to be a month late and tried to contact them to find out what the progress is.

They don't answer emails or the phone despite trying many, many times.

I hate to ask this question, but does anyone know if they are still in business? The last two times I've had this type of experience with other companies, they had gone out of business and I lost my money.

Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:05 pm
Artisan Contributor
Artisan Contributor

Post Re: Are Stick Enterprises okay?
They are still in business. Try using the phone again. It is a small operation, but they do answer the phones most of the time.

Rosewood Grand, PASV4

Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:13 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Probably just busy! Best company on the planet I´d say. Phone again!

-Mobilis in mobil-

Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:58 pm

Thanks, guys.

My limited experience with them so far has been excellent.
I just tried again and got straight through. Phew! I was getting worried there. Panic over.

:D

Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:48 pm
Site Donor
Site Donor

Nice to hear the follow up on this. I am waiting for some reality show to jump in and take them to the next level.

How cool would that be and what would that look like?

Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:39 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Donor
Site Donor

earthgene wrote:

It would not be cool: we would all demand the ability to purchase the raw footage, and Dan would hate the editing (if not also the cinematography). As to what it would look like, no one wants to see Emmett ragequit.

Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:38 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

earthgene wrote:

1) a website that does not look like it was created in the mid-2000s.
2) proper online ordering for strings and accessories with credit card/PayPal payment
3) monitoring of corporate email account with reasonable response time

Just to name a few.

Rosewood Alto #5764

Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:06 pm
Site Donor
Site Donor

carvingcode wrote:

I am seriously considering trying to work for SE in 2016, after (various major events have transpired and...) I have the money to make the move. For all the negatives of California, I have to think that I could help SE more than I could other (theoretical) potential employers...of course, California allows meets my requirement for medicinal cannabis rights.

Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:01 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

carvingcode wrote:

1) a website that does not look like it was created in the mid-2000s.
2) proper online ordering for strings and accessories with credit card/PayPal payment

Just to name a few.

Go easy on the web and ordering experience. It's not mass manufacturing (thankfully). The web site was created and is maintained gratis by fellow Stickists among us. A good thing to keep in mind.

I find it amazing that they know and track what gauge and tuning I use whenever I order strings. A simple thing that makes it feel more personal.

You're in good hands.

Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:12 pm
Site Donor
Site Donor

I was thinking more like... Move that bus! And there's this whole team of people who are there waiting to help this couple who have devoted their life to to creating a new instrument and running the business out of their living room. That would be really nice and anyone that ever owned a Stick would probably cry and say Finally...!

Getting to sleep for 6 hours at a time, maybe not be interrupted every other day with, hey what is that or where is my stuff?

Rarely is small scale manufacturing done with this kind of commitment, precision and expertise. For those that have seen Dan's documentary in process, you know that SE won't ship it unless it's perfect. Who else can make that claim? Guitar Center? Sam Ash? No. McCabe's Guitar or TruTone in Santa Monica? Maybe, but they have much larger crews of people to do it and everyone knows what a guitar is and how to tune (or make it).

SE is not Pep Boys, or Banana Republic or eBay or Amazon. And their service is not like that silly 3 year protection plan one gets at Sears for an additional $100. It's not that type of operation, so that kind of comparison falls short of what they really do with only a handful of staff (mostly family) and resources. Often, you can just tell anyone there what city you are from and they will probably know who you are.

Our Sticks will be around long after we are gone, and probably still setup really nice. I can't say the same for any piece of equipment I have ever owned.

Maybe the next time we're curious about the status of our order, the question to ask is, how can I help Stick Enterprises? :D

Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:51 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery