It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:34 am

Stick Men [Woodstock, NY] 

Post Stick Men [Woodstock, NY]
So an hour or two ago, I returned from an amazing set by the Stick Men at Woodstock's Bearsville Theater. The show was incredible, and even though the venue wasn't packed, Mr. Levin, Mr. Reuter, and Mr. Mastelotto played as though they were before a crowd exponentially larger. They never missed a beat; I was thoroughly impressed by the unity of their sound. These fellows give it their all, and, as revealed by the "meet and greet" afterward, they are swell people too!

Of course, I was super giddy in the restaurant before the show too when, one by one, the band members took the table next to mine!

Highlights from the concert (for me) included undeniable groove of "Nude Ascending Staircase" and Stravinsky's "Firebird Suite."

All in all, a remarkable evening. Time to practice...

Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:26 pm
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post Re: Stick Men [Woodstock, NY]
Thanks for the report. They're in town (Boston) tonight; trying to figure out if I can make it.

/rick

Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:46 am
Site Donor
Site Donor

New release drops today!

http://forbassplayersonly.com/tony-levi ... ospective/

/rick

Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:10 am
Resident Contributor
Resident Contributor

k.graz wrote:
So an hour or two ago, I returned from an amazing set by the Stick Men at Woodstock's Bearsville Theater. The show was incredible, and even though the venue wasn't packed, Mr. Levin, Mr. Reuter, and Mr. Mastelotto played as though they were before a crowd exponentially larger. They never missed a beat; I was thoroughly impressed by the unity of their sound. These fellows give it their all, and, as revealed by the "meet and greet" afterward, they are swell people too!

Of course, I was super giddy in the restaurant before the show too when, one by one, the band members took the table next to mine!

Highlights from the concert (for me) included undeniable groove of "Nude Ascending Staircase" and Stravinsky's "Firebird Suite."

All in all, a remarkable evening. Time to practice...

Saw them a few months back when they were out west and had the same experience. Small venue, small crowd, but they blew the roof off the place and played like it was a packed stadium. True professionals.

Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:17 pm