It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:01 am

Railboard XLR spliter cable works with regular Stick pickups 
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post Railboard XLR spliter cable works with regular Stick pickups
I found out something interesting this evening. The XLR spliter cable that comes with the Railboard also works to plug the standard Stick cables into a LoZ mic input. It sounds really nice, but not with phantom power, which adds a lot of noicse to the signal, and I suspect is not so great for the ACTV-2 pickup if you have one of those. So if you want to try it, please make sure you have your phantom power turned off.

Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:00 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery

Post Re: Railboard XLR spliter cable works with regular Stick pic
Unfortunately, there are no instructions on connecting this. I just received a blue Railboard (#6632) and cannot find any basic instructions. I do not know if a preamp is required. I have no effects pedals. I only have a Peavey Max 158 bass amp that I had purchased for a Squire Jaguar bass and a couple guitar amps. I am not a professional musician and have no formal music training or background. I have tried to learn to play guitars and just cannot seem to get it. I have played flute and harmonica for years for my own pleasure. I have played with other musicians and did not suck. I think that some instructions for connecting to amplifiers, etc. should be included. I have not been able to find any YouTube videos for setting up the Railboard to other equipment either.

Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:41 am
Contributor
Contributor

Coincidentally, I just sent an email to Cambria this morning asking for a bit of "manual" too. There was no guide included as to the operation of the R-Block, electrical details (impedance, etc). So for example, if I flick the little toggle switch on the R-BLOCK, all I know is that my melody strings cut out of the signal.

Stick Enterprises, a little more information is requested/expected, please.

Yes, I know Greg has a video somewhere on, for example, the tone controls on the R-Block, as well as all the other pickups. But it'd be nice to have a basic operations sheet on the hardware. As it is I'm just trying to figure out if/why my output signal isn't as strong as my hardware seems to expect, and whether it's a newbie error or an equipment problem.

- Dave

Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:10 am
Contributor
Contributor

Alas, Cambria says she doesn't have the materials on the R-Block that I was looking for, but she did have this link:

http://www.stick.com/tech/

Hope it helps (myself included).

- Dave

Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:56 am