It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:44 am

Selling/ trading gear to acquire Stick or Warr, please help! 

Post Selling/ trading gear to acquire Stick or Warr, please help!
I am looking to trade and sell enough gear to get a hold of a 10 or 12 string. I would like a more modern Stick with flaps, rails etc, or possibly a Warr or Adg. But open to suggestion.

Partial or whole trades possible. Prefer local transaction, Boston, Worcester, providence area.

Status streamline, 5 string fretless, with case. Great shape, complete,y amazing. It is hard to part with this one.

Fender CIJ 51 slab P reissues, vg cond. includes tweed case.

Hammond A100 with full size Leslie

SWR electric blue head. Pre fender, hand made, awesome sounding!

Thanks!

Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:48 am
Resident Contributor
Resident Contributor

Post Re: Selling/ trading gear to acquire Stick or Warr, please h
If you were willing to part with the Baby Blue head for cash, what would you have in mind?

R

Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:20 pm

I'm interested in the A100 and Leslie if you have a number in mind.

Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:48 pm
Contributor
Contributor

Looking at $2500 and the buyer handles all Transportation.

Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:16 am
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Good for you, Sean. I hope you get that Stick, buddy. If you can wait, go for a railboard. They blow the traditional Sticks away, just my opinion. Never played an NS, never played a 10 grand, which would have been my choice before I played a railboard. The string spacing on the RB is wider than the stick, not quite as wide as the grand and not as wide as any Warr.

You'll shell out some bread for a Warr, bruh, and you'll be waiting for over a year. Not sure what SE's timeline looks like these days. They are on ebay all the time. I'd wait a few months for the right one to pop up. Warrs are super bad-ass, but lots of folks have problems with the weight, strap, positioning, etc. I am obviously not among them.

Good luck!

Kev

-- Mikhail Bakunin

Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:38 pm
Contributor
Contributor

K Rex wrote:
Good for you, Sean. I hope you get that Stick, buddy. If you can wait, go for a railboard. They blow the traditional Sticks away, just my opinion. Never played an NS, never played a 10 grand, which would have been my choice before I played a railboard. The string spacing on the RB is wider than the stick, not quite as wide as the grand and not as wide as any Warr.

You'll shell out some bread for a Warr, bruh, and you'll be waiting for over a year. Not sure what SE's timeline looks like these days. They are on ebay all the time. I'd wait a few months for the right one to pop up. Warrs are super bad-ass, but lots of folks have problems with the weight, strap, positioning, etc. I am obviously not among them.

Good luck!

Kev

I have bought several Warrs in the past.. 1 new and 1 used ADG (an 8 and a 10).. Then I bought my 8 string Direct from Warr. I liked it so much that I went back and bought a 10str (it was a pomelle bubinga, dual midi/ Piezo only with dummy pick ups for future expansion). I ended up trading that Warr (was getting no use) for a Ritter 5 string fretless to Duncan at Low end.

This time around. I actually want to go the stick route. Reasoning is really that I am not 10000% sure of what tunings I will end up with. Thinking about going Bass 5ths bass 4ths. So, adjustability at the nut is really nice.

If Mark and the Boys were still making ADG or low cost models, I would probably go that way and deal with the hassle of having nuts made as I switch tunings.

But now I again want another 10.. I have a line on 2 Sticks listed here as well as a possible trade locally.
So, something will happen soon.

Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:39 am