It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:21 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Stolen Stick 
Post Re: Stolen Stick
Jim B. wrote:
maccmann wrote:
bluedallas wrote:
My 12 String Grand Stick got stolen. The serial number is 1481. If you encounter that serial number please give me a shout..........

Thanks

also post to tappistry.org

Topaz won't allow it

Hope you are kidding....

//J

Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:24 am

I was on ebay last night (3/16/10) and noticed your Stick is up for auction.

This Auction is for a 12-String Chapman Stick (Grand Stick) #1481 with case,strap and extra strings.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 500wt_1024

Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:19 pm
Site Donor
Site Donor

mjelliott wrote:

This Auction is for a 12-String Chapman Stick (Grand Stick) #1481 with case,strap and extra strings.

Awesome work! Speaking as someone in a slightly similar position right now: get in there! You're going to need the police to 'report the item' as stolen to eBay though...good luck.

Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:27 pm
Resident Contributor
Resident Contributor

digitalkettle wrote:
mjelliott wrote:

Awesome work! Speaking as someone in a slightly similar position right now: get in there! You're going to need the police to 'report the item' as stolen to eBay though...good luck.

For what it is worth, I just reported it to eBay. I suppose if eBay receives enough messages maybe they will do something...

Since when did music become all about the words

Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:30 pm
Resident Contributor
Resident Contributor

johnmac wrote:
digitalkettle wrote:
mjelliott wrote:

For what it is worth, I just reported it to eBay. I suppose if eBay receives enough messages maybe they will do something...

If the seller is accurate about his location, the Nederland TX crime stoppers number is 409.724.8477

Since when did music become all about the words

Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:56 pm
Resident Contributor
Resident Contributor

Excellent!!!!!!!!!

Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:54 pm
Contributor
Contributor

I, too, informed eBay that there is stolen property being auctioned.

What an idiot. Did this douchebag really think he could get away with selling a hot item over the Internet?

SB8 Stick Bass #5509, Standard 4th Tuning, Rosewood w/Linear Inlaid Frets

Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:49 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Resident Contributor
Resident Contributor

I had a live chat with an ebay rep.and told them that this stick was reported as being stolen. I gave them this web address so they could check it out for themselves. The rep told me this seller hasn't recieved any negative feedback. I told her this might be a case where the seller bought it off the thief for really cheap and then thought he could make some cash by getting rid of it on ebay.Still, even if this is true, he should be held totally accountable. Just by looking at the listing you know something isn't right. The bare bones discription and oh yeah, THE PRICE!!! I want to checkout what else this guy has been selling. All of it is probably suspect.Anyway they are looking into it ,so hopefully bluedallas will get his stick back.

Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:05 am
Contributor
Contributor

Let's not be too hasty.

Chances are good that the person selling it on Ebay has no idea it's stolen. It could easily have gone through numerous hands/fences and was legitimately purchased by the seller.

It looks like this is a person, like THOUSANDS on Ebay, who sells anything and everything. That doesn't make them a thief by any means. Probably someone that has no real idea what they've bought, did a cursory glance at other ongoing/past Stick listings, then priced it to sell. There's actually nothing that says 'shady' about this at all.

And it's quite a feat in this day and age to have nearly 1000 sales and ZERO negative feedback.

Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:10 am
Resident Contributor
Resident Contributor

I agree, and if this person is completely innocent then they have hopefully learned a valuable lesson. Whats good is that bluedallas has a chance of getting back what is rightfully his. The police will investigate and find out what the story is.

Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:24 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next