It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:32 pm

Stolen Stick Polycarb #1959 
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post Stolen Stick Polycarb #1959
All, please note that Roger Emerson has reported a stolen Chapman Stick as of Monday, January 5. The theft occurred in Crawfordsville, Indiana and involved a number of other items.

The Stick itself was a black polycarb #1959 and had a black foam lined case. If you hear of this instrument being available for sale on Craig's List or eBay, contact Roger Emerson first before contacting the buyer directly. You can find him on Facebook or contact him through me if you wish.

Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:49 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post Re: Stolen Stick Polycarb #1959
Hi Gene,

sorry to hear about it. Just FYI, there is a subsection for stolen gear as well here on the forum.

Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:51 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Donor
Site Donor

Got it - thanks Greg.

Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:42 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Donor
Site Donor

Gene,
I am truly sorry to hear this. As an "almost" victim myself- the perpetrators were caught running with one of my keyboards ( thankfully not my guitars or Sticks) by the owners of the club who chased them for 7 blocks until they literally dropped it. The Crumar Performer still worked.

On the up side, if any of us see a PolyCarb on Ebay or Craigs List with NEW FOAM in the case, we will know it is his. :D

Hopefully it will turn up- so Columbo's keep an eye out and post.
Dave B "DBro"

Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:32 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Donor
Site Donor

Gene,
This was on EBay and sure matches the description, and the headstock with the # is not visible.
Could be a coincidence, but there are some schools of thought that there are no coincidences.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1986-Chapman-Stick-10-String-Touchboard-POLYCARBONATE-MODEL-electric-guitar-RARE-/261459346238?pt=Guitar&hash=item3ce031033e

Maybe have Roger contact this seller.
Dave B

Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:18 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Donor
Site Donor

Looks like a legit sale, Dave, s/n 1883 (second group of pics accessed by clicking the right arrow next to the pics). I hope the thief lists the stolen instrument someplace so it can be recovered, but this isn't it. :-(

Bamboo Grand #7363 MR ACTV2, Tarara Grand #5677 MR PASV4
Tap In Time Podcast: tapintime.podbean.com/

Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:29 pm

Hello Gene
On the evenning of this 5th of January, i was holding the #1959 polycarb in my hands!
Furthermore I live in Paris, France and i dont think the instrument crossed the atlantic ocean that fast !!
Roger probably forgot that he sold his #1959 a long time ago as i got it since july 2012. Before me it belonged to a french singer called Pauline who had it for a long time.
Cheers
Nicolas

Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:59 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Nicof wrote:
Hello Gene
On the evenning of this 5th of January, i was holding the #1959 polycarb in my hands!
Furthermore I live in Paris, France and i dont think the instrument crossed the atlantic ocean that fast !!
Roger probably forgot that he sold his #1959 a long time ago as i got it since july 2012. Before me it belonged to a french singer called Pauline who had it for a long time.
Cheers
Nicolas

That is odd. Not even I forget something like selling a instrument. Not up to this day anyway. :? :)

-Mobilis in mobil-

Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:44 pm
Resident Contributor
Resident Contributor

I can see that happening if instruments were stolen from a storage space: memory plays tricks under stress... a bit clumsy though ;)

Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:54 am
Profile My Photo Gallery

I am sorry for Roger, as being burglared is very annoying. I understand that under Stress You can forget things. Actually i can prove that i got the instrument since a long time here. Simply ask Youenn Landreau or Yanlep (members on this forum ) who had it in hands two years ago for a special custom set of a truss rod on it. Also yuta chapman bas been informed 2 years ago that i was the new and happy Owner of #1959.
Nicolas

Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:56 am