It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:33 am

BillyLee's Introduction 
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post Re: BillyLee's Introduction
MichNS wrote:
There's a Stick for sale in the Port Huron area. Dark Bamboo, PASIV pickups ,12 string Grand. Billy, did you go to any of Oz's events at Riverside Arts Theater over the last year? Another one coming up in June.

Hey MichNS! No, I have not been to any of Oz's Riverside Arts events, yet...but that can be corrected! :)

Tue May 02, 2017 5:08 pm
Site Donor
Site Donor

MichNS wrote:
Also should add Bob has been a regular at the Ann Arbor Art Fair for the past several years thanks to one of Oz's friends (hear it's not easy to get into). This year it's a week after Interlochen, curious if he will stay in Michigan a couple of weeks this year. He's got the Art Fair on his event list, so you can see him in A2 if you miss Interlochen.

That is intriguing information right there! Wow...it would indeed be cool if Bob was following Interlochen with some other Michigan gigs...Ann Arbor, eh?....hmmmmmmmm...

Tue May 02, 2017 5:13 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

BillyLee wrote:
MichNS wrote:
Also should add Bob has been a regular at the Ann Arbor Art Fair for the past several years thanks to one of Oz's friends (hear it's not easy to get into). This year it's a week after Interlochen, curious if he will stay in Michigan a couple of weeks this year. He's got the Art Fair on his event list, so you can see him in A2 if you miss Interlochen.

That is intriguing information right there! Wow...it would indeed be cool if Bob was following Interlochen with some other Michigan gigs...Ann Arbor, eh?....hmmmmmmmm...

Read Glenn Poorman's note in his Interlochen thread. Bob is staying in Michigan from Interlochen through the Ann Arbor Art fair.

I helped Bob sell CD's the first time he came out to that art fair. Seriously worked my butt off for him. My first experience with a phone cube for credit cards. He sold over 800 CD's, and one day the heat was 90+F with near 100% humidity. He worked morning through evening. I'm also a mountain biker, I gave him a water bottle and non-sugar added electrolytes. He's quite a machine. Was a great experience for me, a couple years later a friend of mine asked me to demonstrate the Stick at the elementary school he teaches at. Was a science fair about sound. I played songs, improvised, and talked to people about what the instrument is, who makes it, etc - a lot of the same that Bob would do at A2. A lot of parents who also played an instrument were quite fascinated with it.

I actually first met Bob on the other side of the world at the Melbourne Australia Stick seminar in 2010. If you click my Youtube signature you can see some vids from that seminar.

Where are you at in Michigan? Oz is talking about another Stick gathering, I probably will not know until tomorrow, I'm there every week for the guitar gathering on Thursday nights.

Graphite Grand Stick MR
NS Stick Wenge body Wenge neck
Bamboo Grand Stickup

Wed May 03, 2017 7:30 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

There's now a second Stick for sale in the area, someone is selling an old ironwood with a low serial number on consignment in Oz's store. Oz showed it to me, needs new strings, may need work on the pickup. Other than that, the frets do not appear to have much wear. Looks like the instrument had been stored for years, no foam left in the case, there's some towels inside it. The wood looks nice.

Graphite Grand Stick MR
NS Stick Wenge body Wenge neck
Bamboo Grand Stickup

Thu May 04, 2017 7:23 pm