It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:47 pm

Reintroduction 

Post Reintroduction
Howdy again folks.

So... I received my 12 string railboard (mirrored 4ths) almost a couple of months ago. (first ever chapman stick).

Im still totally blown away and cant believe I never knew of its existence till recently.

Lost for words just now even though there's so much I want to ask and banter about it.

Anyway I'm practicing allot and most days I feel like Ive made some kind of small incremental gain which is a great feeling especially just after a decent brain crunching session. Endorphins from mental exercise a thing?

Ive started now so Ill try drag up pic from phone.

Attachment:
IMG_20180918_103021.jpg

Above. I commute with a motorbike and this is how it rolls in dry weather anyway. I'll have to fathom some kind of protection come rain.

Attachment:
IMG_20180918_103602.jpg

This is where I'm currently doing a fair chunk of practice and I have to say the most disciplined(mostly free of distraction). I work for the dole (benefits) here in Australia which I have to attend 4 days a week. I'm making good use of it i think by evading the dusty, hot , cramped dangerous and highly illegal wood work shop and learning the stick 50 0dd meters away under a tree. As long as I sign on.. :lol:

Basic plan of attack for now has been.
*Attempting to learn sheet music. (every day)
*Some transcribing (covers) to sheet music of covers albeit they need work.
*Jazz piano lesson cd/book which so far seems to transfer really well to the stick.
*Noodling ofc but im not talented enough yet hahahaha.

Basic kit is just just a tascam gb-10 and head phones. Its all I need for now and provides most of the fundamentals.

At home I run it though a cheap amp and use a music stand.

So many people here I want to thank also for inspiring me thus far so thanks! Also to my other work for the dole boss at Kuranda Digital Media, Ross for putting me onto the instrument. It feels like a real privilege to be able to participate in the forum again. This time with a frikin likin stick! :lol:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:14 am
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post Re: Reintroduction
I'm glad you are liking the Grand Railboard. I have one too. I'd have to say, it's the best of all of the other Grand sticks I've owned.

It's great that you are able to take the stick out on the bike. I think you need more protection for it when you are riding though. Even a small wipe out will damage the headstock and top part of your stick that's unprotected. Will a soft gig bag fit on your bike. It doesn't have to necessarily fit in your back pack, but instead get strapped on your bike with some type of elastic cords. I also ride a motorcycle, but have not experimented on how to travel on two wheels with my stick in tow.

Good stickin'

Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:34 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post Re: Reintroduction
Nice pics of the Grand Railboard, and re-welcome on your re-introduction!

Markussz wrote:
It's great that you are able to take the stick out on the bike. I think you need more protection for it when you are riding though. Even a small wipe out will damage the headstock and top part of your stick that's unprotected. Will a soft gig bag fit on your bike.

I was also thinking that a wipeout might damage things. Best of luck!

Rosewood 10-string, #5989, M4s
Sapphire Railboard, #6763, MR
Wenge-on-Wenge NS/Stick, #170130, Bass 4ths
http://soundcloud.com/stephen-sink-1
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-RDlN ... Ez0hN49_Qg

Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:38 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery