It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:36 am

Hello from the UK! New stick player. 
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post Re: Hello from the UK! New stick player.
Congrats on your new purchase, and future journey.

I too played bass guitar for approx 8 years, and slowly lost interest a bit in this instrument. When I picked up a Stick (20 years ago more or less), I was quite excited. My excitation faded a bit, as the Stick is quite a difficult instrument, but I love challenges, and most of all, it was the perfect tool to experiment with the musical theories I was learning back then at the conservatory. While it took me literally years to develop a technique and a way of playing I was not ashamed of (I quickly decided to give up the bass to concentrate all my time and efforts upon the Stick), the journey has been something awesome, both musically and humanely (you will meet a very kind and dedicated bunch of people there). Twenty years later, I never picked up my Stick without saying "what a f..ing cool instrument". Really. It may be a sign of love toward this incredible tool Emmett offered us.

Again, congrats, and feel free to share your feelings during your first steps with the Stick!

Fri Nov 24, 2023 9:40 am
Profile My Photo Gallery

Beautiful instrument!
Welcome to the endless fun. :D

If I just may ask, since I noticed you have one of those official gig bags.
What are your impressions of it? I've been using a fender gig bag for bass with two extra neck pillows to hold the stick stable during commute. This has worked well enough but I'm of course curios about the official bag.
Dose it feel durable? Is it padded and/or at all rain resistant?

Again, nice to hear from a new player. I hope that you'll find it to be as great of a musical experience as I have.

https://seastick.bandcamp.com/

Tue Nov 28, 2023 8:45 am
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Hello and welcome to the stick fam bam!

This is one of the best places to hang out online.
I know I can be a seasonal poster and may seem to “drop off” from time to time. I think other folk have had similar experiences. Just don’t let that put you off, is all I’m saying.
This is a place where mature humans actually talk to each other. :lol:

We’re all definitely interested in your humble beginnings and for me, one of the best things about this community, is sharing and watching everyone’s development as it unfolds.

Looking forward to hearing your sounds.

https://www.facebook.com/stickradmusic/
https://www.facebook.com/southernstickevents/

Wed Nov 29, 2023 2:35 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery