It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 1:02 pm

Hello from the Middle 

Post Hello from the Middle
Hey everyone,

Just wanted to take a second and introduce myself. My Name is Steve and I live in Missouri and work as a control room operator. I have been a drummer most of my life and have messed around with piano and bass guitar. I owned a Stick in the mid 2000's and loved it, but I let it go when I needed money.

Fast forward to now and I've placed another order and will spend the next year or two waiting for its' arrival. I've been lurking for a while and I am so glad the community seems as helpful as it has always been and I look forward to interacting with everyone.

Musical interests are varied but for the most part, I love progressive rock of Steven Wilson, King Crimson, Opeth, Dream Theater etc. Also enjoy some eras of country and have always enjoyed jazz.

Huggy

Sat May 04, 2024 11:35 am
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Post Re: Hello from the Middle
Welcome to the forum, Steve.
When you had your previous Stick, what resources did you learn to play from? Can you tell me more about what your Stick was made from and which tuning did you choose?
Huggy wrote:
Hey everyone,

Just wanted to take a second and introduce myself. My Name is Steve and I live in Missouri and work as a control room operator. I have been a drummer most of my life and have messed around with piano and bass guitar. I owned a Stick in the mid 2000's and loved it, but I let it go when I needed money.

Fast forward to now and I've placed another order and will spend the next year or two waiting for its' arrival. I've been lurking for a while and I am so glad the community seems as helpful as it has always been and I look forward to interacting with everyone.

Musical interests are varied but for the most part, I love progressive rock of Steven Wilson, King Crimson, Opeth, Dream Theater etc. Also enjoy some eras of country and have always enjoyed jazz.

Huggy

#404 Stick - (1978) Angico hard wood.
#6460 Railboard - Black with glow inlays.

Sun May 05, 2024 5:24 am

Sure thing. I had a Padauk ten string #5313 with white pearl linear inlays tuned in MR. The study material I worked with was Greg's book, which was and is still a great resource. This time around I have a copy of Emmett's book as well, which I'm looking forward to. Starting over, even with the slow development I had over the ten years I played will be a challenge, but I can't wait to get back at it. Never should have sold it in the first place.

The current order is for another Padauk, but a Grand this time tuned the same way with Abalone linear inlays and black and gold tuning machines. The MR tuning just made sense to me as someone who had never dealt with that mainy stings and allows for very comfortable chording.

Sun May 05, 2024 9:32 am
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Steve, did SE give you any indication of when to expect your new Stick?

#404 Stick - (1978) Angico hard wood.
#6460 Railboard - Black with glow inlays.

Sun May 05, 2024 9:59 am

Quote:
Steve, did SE give you any indication of when to expect your new Stick?

Yep, they are estimating 22 to 24 months. It will be worth waiting for; I waited 9 months for my first Stick back in 2006-2007.

Sun May 05, 2024 11:22 am