It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:57 pm

Stick enthusiast from Italy 

Post Stick enthusiast from Italy
Hi everyone!

I'm Luca and I live in the central part of Italy (near Siena). I play piano since I was 10 and a little bit the guitar. I've been captured by the Stick world some years ago, but for some reason I haven't ad the time and money to afford the interment.
I think that now it's the right time!
I've contacted a person near me that is an important exponent in Italian Stick community (Atreio) and in a very short time I'll meet him to try and take some introductional lesson.
After this, with his advice, I'll buy my personal stick!
So I'm not already a Stick owner, but I will be soon!

Thank you for your attention, best wishes, Luca

Last edited by colorblind on Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:43 am
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Post Re: Stick enthusiast from Italy
Good to hear that, Luca! I've had my Stick for two and a half year now and it instantly makes me happy to see more people discovering this fantastic instrument. Italy seems to be a country where the Stick is popular. Any idea why that is?

Fractal Audio AxeFx-III, 2 x RCF NX-10 SMA, Apollo Twin USB

http://youtube.com/perboysen

Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:18 am
Profile My Photo Gallery

It's a really good question! I don't know why!
But this instrument is fascinating!
Yesterday afternoon I had my first contact with a Stick. I play (if I may say...!) a 10 string Stick from 1976 and a more recent Grand Stick. The first contact is shocking, something like to meet an alien, you don't know what to say!
However, it's very interesting and now I have to search for an instrument. I will search for something used in EU, because I know the quite long time of new manufacturing and the EU duties at arrival.
But having a new 10 string bamboo or wedge Stick will be my best!

Let me go to investigate!

Cheers, Luca

Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:28 am
Contributor
Contributor

Congratulations! It's a rewarding instrument

Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:16 am
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

colorblind wrote:
It's a really good question! I don't know why!
But this instrument is fascinating!
Yesterday afternoon I had my first contact with a Stick. I play (if I may say...!) a 10 string Stick from 1976 and a more recent Grand Stick. The first contact is shocking, something like to meet an alien, you don't know what to say!
However, it's very interesting and now I have to search for an instrument. I will search for something used in EU, because I know the quite long time of new manufacturing and the EU duties at arrival.
But having a new 10 string bamboo or wedge Stick will be my best!

Let me go to investigate!

Cheers, Luca

The production runs seem to be much faster these days; mine took 4 months +/- . [b]Call[/b] S.E and ask them about the wait time, you might get a pleasant surprise.
Stephan Hut is selling his grand graphite in germany, check the classified section.

Cheers, Daniel

PS: Welcome! ;)

Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:06 am
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Hey Luca, If I should go for a Stick today I might consider holding off for a while until the Railboard is out. Seems to be a very cool new Stick model. http://www.stick.com/instruments/railboard/

Fractal Audio AxeFx-III, 2 x RCF NX-10 SMA, Apollo Twin USB

http://youtube.com/perboysen

Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:22 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

colorblind wrote:
Hi everyone!

I'm Luca and I live in the central part of Italy (near Siena). I play piano since I was 10 and a little bit the guitar. I've been captured by the Stick world some years ago, but for some reason I haven't ad the time and money to afford the interment.
I think that now it's the right time!
I've contacted a person near me that is an important exponent in Italian Stick community (Atreio) and in a very short time I'll meet him to try and take some introductional lesson.
After this, with his advice, I'll buy my personal stick!
So I'm not already a Stick owner, but I will be soon!

Thank you for your attention, best wishes, Luca
Hi Luca,

Atreio is a great player and a fun guy as well. What kind are you thinking about getting? 10-string, 12? short scale?

Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:15 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery

Hi Greg,

I'm very pleased to talk to you! You're the guru of the Stick!
For the moment I've played the 10 string and 12 string long scale of Atreio, and I'm in contact with two guys (one from this forum) that are willing to sell their instruments. All of these guys own a 12 long scale graphite Stick, with PASV4 and MIDI on melody side.
But I'm watching around, my best will be a 10 or 12 string wenge, but it's difficult to find... Almost in Europe... I'm scared to order directly to USA, because of custom duties very high...
But Atreio has said me that is the Stick that searches for me not the opposite! So I don't know at the moment what kind of Stick will be mine!

When I'll be an owner of a Stick I'll post the pictures.
PS I forward thank you if someone can help me in the resarch!

Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:14 am
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

colorblind wrote:
Hi Greg,

I'm very pleased to talk to you! You're the guru of the Stick!
For the moment I've played the 10 string and 12 string long scale of Atreio, and I'm in contact with two guys (one from this forum) that are willing to sell their instruments. All of these guys own a 12 long scale graphite Stick, with PASV4 and MIDI on melody side.
But I'm watching around, my best will be a 10 or 12 string wenge, but it's difficult to find... Almost in Europe... I'm scared to order directly to USA, because of custom duties very high...
But Atreio has said me that is the Stick that searches for me not the opposite! So I don't know at the moment what kind of Stick will be mine!

When I'll be an owner of a Stick I'll post the pictures.
PS I forward thank you if someone can help me in the resarch!
I prefer to think that The Stick is the guru of me ;) , I have been a student of it for 27 years now...

You will have a very hard time finding a used wenge instrument, They've only been available for a few years, so there are not that many out there. Because the string tension is so light, the wood doesn't affect the sound much, if at all, so if it's dark colors you're after, then rosewood is a great choice, also paduak and purple heart.

There are lots of rosewood instruments out there.

Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:08 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Artisan Contributor
Artisan Contributor

Hi Luca,

First time contact with a stick is special ! I clearly remember mine and just a couple of days later, I could buy one second hand.
The duty, the person that sells you a stick, also paid the duty, so it's always part of the price.
Anyways, welcome in stick world :-)
Are you on facebook ?

Cheers,
Bas

Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:22 am