It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:33 am

Harpejji advice..... 
Contributor
Contributor

Post Harpejji advice.....
Hi all

I'm a year in to my Stick learning and absolutely love it. So much so I persuaded my school that I'm head of music at to buy 2 to get the kids involved. In addition to that I bought a Harpejji to increase more opportunities. What another wonderful tapping instrument!
Anyway, I was wondering whether anyone had any instructional materials, websites (maybe a forum like this?) tips or anything they could point me, and subsequently my students, in the direction of?

Thanks

Paul

Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:24 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post Re: Harpejji advice.....
You got the School to buy 2, thats fantastic. I am talking with my kids Schools at the moment about doing some presentations with the stick to their music classes as a bit of extra-curricular activity. I had to Google the Harpejji , interesting, never heard of it before.

Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:44 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Paul, that is awesome! Very cool school.

Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:30 pm
Contributor
Contributor

We are very lucky. A brand new campus, supportive Head and an open check book courtesy of a big multi national education company. Google the school, British International School of Houston. Very impressive building.
The other bonus is that Steve Adelson is coming at the end of October to do some sessions with the instrumental kids.
I really want to build a Stick program and buy 2 a year (fingers crossed). The Harpejji was a little bonus, clearly a relative of the Stick. I can't find any pedagogy anywhere for it though.

Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:12 am

pwrightyp wrote:
Hi all

I'm a year in to my Stick learning and absolutely love it. So much so I persuaded my school that I'm head of music at to buy 2 to get the kids involved. In addition to that I bought a Harpejji to increase more opportunities. What another wonderful tapping instrument!
Anyway, I was wondering whether anyone had any instructional materials, websites (maybe a forum like this?) tips or anything they could point me, and subsequently my students, in the direction of?

Thanks

Paul

Paul,

I sold my Harpejji K24 to get my new Stick. I loved learning my Harpejji in the two years that I had it. My only disappointment was the lack of learning materials. Perhaps it is because the instrument is still relatively new. Sure, there are a few clips on their website, but I wouldn't classify them as tutorials or lessons. At least not extensive ones. There are also no printed materials. That being said, since it is laid out similar to a piano, and I have some knowledge of pianos, it was pretty easy to pick up. Within a year I made three videos now on Youtube. Aside from my mediocre playing skills, the only negative comment I got was that you can't really rock out on the Harpejji. LOL. Hence the Stick.

Considering how pricey they are I am also impressed you got your school to pay for one. If it helps, I've attached a chord grid sheet I made to learn the various ways to draw chord shapes. Feel free to adapt it.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:11 am
Site Donor
Site Donor

There is a free Harpeji simulator app for iPad in the App Store.

Mad Monk.

August, 1983

Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:40 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

mad_monk wrote:
There is a free Harpeji simulator app for iPad in the App Store.

Mad Monk.

That App is awesome. I just downloaded it, thanks!

Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:49 am
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Awesome app! Thanks for that!

I love the Harpeijji, although I keep forgetting that it has two js in it. Steve Oz at Oz Music here in Ann Arbor lets me play one of the store's every now and then, and it's a lot of fun.

Rosewood 10-string, #5989, M4s
Sapphire Railboard, #6763, MR
Wenge-on-Wenge NS/Stick, #170130, Bass 4ths
http://soundcloud.com/stephen-sink-1
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-RDlN ... Ez0hN49_Qg

Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:41 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery

I owned a Harpejji for a bit but sold it to devote more time to the keyboard. I'm always on the lookout on ebay for them in case I want to buy one again.

I agree, there is not much material out there for it. I actually enjoyed that fact when I owned one because it was all about exploration. But from an educational standpoint, that can definitely be a detractor.

Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:23 am
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

They look like a lot of fun, that's for sure! Pretty cool. I might buy one this year, I think it would tie in with my Stick development nicely...

Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:29 am