It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 6:38 am

Greg's extended alto stick tuning 
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post Greg's extended alto stick tuning
For those of you that use gregs extended alto tuning, how does it compare to the standard alto tuning? Do i need to change the strings and setup on my alto to switch to this tuning?

Mark

Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:52 am
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post Re: Greg's extended alto stick tuning
I had both tunings on my Alto. Extended is a full step higher of course, so if you don't think you'll miss that low b on the melody side give it a try. You won't need to mess with the setup much, maybe lower the c# string adjustment screw a half turn at the bridge, to accommodate for it being thinner than the b.
I prefer the standard alto tuning over extended, just enough low end on the b string to satisfy.

10 string (stickup)

Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:07 am
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Post Re: Greg's extended alto stick tuning
I use the extended Alto tuning. The only warning I would give you if you're moving from standard Alto tuning is the highest string. The extended Alto highest string gauge is a 6. Anything heavier than that and you run a high risk of breakage.

Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:07 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery